Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standing out in interior archviz - how to compete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very project and client specific. I get people freaking out when something is above a couple hundred buck and then I get things like last night. Guy fills out my web form and asks for a couple dozen views, so I sent him a higher quote because I'm swapped with work. Minutes later he signs the contract and pays the deposit.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

i commented by mistake so deleted.. pls ignore
      Last edited by prateekvishwa; 02-02-2019, 02:01 AM.
      Prateek Vishwa
      sigpic
      www.prateekvishwa.com
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/PVDS/161239543925007

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
        ., I don't do a lot of visualization but when I do I charge $1800 minimum for the 1st view and $1000 per additional view of the same area.

some years ago i had a very good client I was making 250K per year only for renderings ....The 1st year I made 50K then 90K, 140K, 200K and 250K with them but I knew that one day 250K is going to end because I was too expensive, for that money they could hire 5 guys working full time.

You just broke my bull-shit detector.......
        Jez

------------------------------------
        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
          ., I don't do a lot of visualization but when I do I charge $1800 minimum for the 1st view and $1000 per additional view of the same area.

some years ago i had a very good client I was making 250K per year only for renderings ....The 1st year I made 50K then 90K, 140K, 200K and 250K with them but I knew that one day 250K is going to end because I was too expensive, for that money they could hire 5 guys working full time.
          Can I see your work somewhere?
          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
          www.AddYourLight.com
          Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

I can’t show anything for that client because of the contract I had.... it was for Walmart stores, the typical presentation was one main view, 2/3 closeups and 4 color elevations... sometimes extra views of how you won’t see the Walmart from the houses around...the presentations were to approve the design to the Walmart commite then to the city and meeting with the neighborhood.

I was doing average one store per week..., I had an special price for them because I didn’t want to be too expensive of 3,500 per board ..., if the changes were significant I charged them and probably 50% of the stores had extras like totem signages, landscape views and I did one animation.

I was expecting being around 100K at the beginning but they sent me more stuff and I was thinking ... ok, this is the last project... I had nightmares thinking of that.

because of that numbers they created their own in house 3D team.

Zero BS my friend.
            Last edited by flino2004; 02-02-2019, 11:52 AM.
            show me the money!!

Comment

I found this one on-line... I didn’t do it but it was similar... they took my boards as the standard presentation for all the firms designing Walmart stores...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by flino2004; 02-02-2019, 01:11 PM.
              show me the money!!

Comment

I have just found this :/... https://t-z-g.com/prices
                http://gamma22.com/
                https://www.facebook.com/gamma22com/
                https://gumroad.com/gamma22

Comment

Originally posted by eligiusz View Post
                  I have just found this :/... https://t-z-g.com/prices
                  At first, I thought it was a little confusing and the prices were low, however, once I saw their portfolio I think they are priced good.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post

At first, I thought it was a little confusing and the prices were low, however, once I saw their portfolio I think they are priced good.
                    Look again, those prices are NOT per view. Some of those prices, are for up to 8 views
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Yeah, that's crazy. However, the images are not the best. Isn't Poland known for these low prices like India and the Philippines?
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

No, it is not
                        Best Regards

Tomek

Portfolio: http://dtown.pl/

Comment

It's still potentially cheaper than Western Europe though...
                          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                          www.AddYourLight.com
                          Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

If all I am doing is pulling another camera and rendering the same thing from a different angle, without modeling anything else and I don't do any composition or post-production, what are a few more views? You get what you pay for, that will always be true. From their portfolio, it lacks attention to detail. Some images are okay and others are less than okay. Who knows, the final deliverable can be 1K and those take minutes to render.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                              It's still potentially cheaper than Western Europe though...
                              The global economy has always been difficult to navigate. Unfortunately, sometimes the craft/product is what gets comprimised. Honestly, I have been hearing this same argument for a decade and I am still supporting a family of four and nobody goes without, so I am so past the fear talk. Someone will always do it cheaper and if you want, you can compete on that, but I chose not to. Who makes more, the guy doing 100 cheap renderings or the guy doing 10 expensive renderings?
                              Bobby Parker
                              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

If we refer to global prices, $500 per view is still cheap... I design houses, but I do some consultation in design to architectural firms, and I have seen what they are paying for renderings; They are willing to pay around 1,200 per view because they charge to the client 2X.( 2400 per view.). If the firm just bills what the rendering cost I have seen 2K per view.
                                show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
                                X