3ds Max Indie for $250 per year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
    " Users should also be aware that the license will auto-renew at full price, but this can be avoided by disabling automatic renewal and resubscribing to the Indie license once it expires"
    They're talking about the full indi price for sure. Just like with all other software subscriptions.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post

They're talking about the full indie price for sure. Just like with all other software subscriptions.
      No they are not. It's just a really bad deal:

1. It's a pilot. No future guarantees.
      2. Availability limited to time and region.
      3. Limited to 1 indie license per company.
      4. Limited to $100K per year revenue companies.
      5. Auto renewal to full (non indie) price.

Besides the bad deal, it seems ADSK is getting desperate (Blender?).

Comment

Autodesk should be more transparent and this offer has too many limitations. They are definitely feeling the heat from Houdini and Blender as 3ds max dwindles just like Mudbox did.
        www.nikand.com
        3D Freelance

Comment

its not a really bad deal for freelancers, its a hell of a lot better. They also are telling you to turn off the auto subscription, so i guess we'll wait a year and see if the pricing is still available.
          e: info@adriandenne.com
          w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey View Post

It seems too much "autodesky" also for Autodesk... are you sure? is it real?
            If yes, it seems that is actually a discount of a license...nothing more...but they're using the "indie" word to distract

Comment

Well, it's commendable, and a start.
              They may need to fix the website a bit, though, because when i tried (under VPN) to get one, it showed it for 250 bucks.
              A dialog popped in my face suggesting i save 10% by extending my subscription, and as i did so, the price then jumped to 4170 bucks, savings included...
              EDIT: I can however stack as many single-year licenses as i please at the same 250 bucks, which ain't bad at all!

However, i think this is a good thing overall, if we consider it a pilot.
              May more such approaches be born out of this.
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey View Post

I just bought a copy and turned off auto-renew. The Autodesk page I bought through even suggests turning it off and tells you how to do it.
                Website
                https://mangobeard.com/
                Behance
                https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                  Well, it's commendable, and a start.
                  They may need to fix the website a bit, though, because when i tried (under VPN) to get one, it showed it for 250 bucks.
                  A dialog popped in my face suggesting i save 10% by extending my subscription, and as i did so, the price then jumped to 4170 bucks, savings included...
                  EDIT: I can however stack as many single-year licenses as i please at the same 250 bucks, which ain't bad at all!

However, i think this is a good thing overall, if we consider it a pilot.
                  May more such approaches be born out of this.
                  With all those limitations in place, it's obvious ADSK is not committed to this.
                  This (pilot as they call it) easily can run for 1 year and ADSK pulling the plug on this next year.
                  For starters I would be more impressed if they rolled this out worldwide with same price for everyone.

Read the full message from Chip Weatherman (ADSK employee) here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/stac...9368918409605/

Comment

squintnic Yeah I saw that, makes it sound like you only get 1 year at that price and then either you don't renew or you do and pay the full price.

edit: whoops totally missed the second page of this thread...
                    Last edited by cheerioboy; 31-07-2019, 07:00 AM.
                    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

It sounds scammy to me. If you offer the first one free (or almost free) with anything you are desperate. AD is an old company and they shouldn't have to stoop to those sales tactics, so I would be interested in seeing their upcoming quarterlies. I can see if that was their permanent policy, but a one-time limited time offer belongs on late-night TV.
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com
                      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                        It sounds scammy to me. If you offer the first one free (or almost free) with anything you are desperate. AD is an old company and they shouldn't have to stoop to those sales tactics, so I would be interested in seeing their upcoming quarterlies. I can see if that was their permanent policy, but a one-time limited time offer belongs on late-night TV.
                        Exactly, without the full commitment from ADSK you basically purchase a (indie) license which may hold no future.

Comment

It sounds good and I would qualify. But, like many, I don’t trust Adesk. I got sucked into converting my perpetual license to a maintenance license. I think I have the terminology correct. Supposedly one of the “benefits” was a three year price lock. It was a confusing and frustrating experience. So now with this Indie. I would like to save on the annual subscription cost but I am concerned that by doing it than after a year I have to re-subscribe at a higher rate than I pay now.

It would be nice to have more clarity but that may not be possible. I’m not sure what to do, may call reseller who is 2,000 miles away and so far no help to me at all, and see if they know anything. Or post a question on the insanely frustrating Adesk 3ds max forum.
                          mark f.
                          openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

My quarterly fee went up every quarter for the past 5 yours, so I did an annual this time. I can guarantee, when your year trial ends you'll be paying more then you would if you purchased it now. Having said that, you would save this year's annual fee. They'll probably deny you because you already have a plan and I am surprised that they don't have a new plan only disclaimer. Simply, it is to get people off the pirated software and they'll pirate again once their trial expires.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com
                            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Oh man, this looked sooooo promising.

My 3ds Max 2020 perpetual renewal is due in a week's time. I'd always thought I'd stop paying this year and stick with whatever version I have. I told my reseller and they straight away told me to remove any older versions etc etc..... it's like I was already being treated like a criminal suspect before anything else !!!!

I too don't trust AD - and of course were I to go for this offer, I'd probably immediately lose my Perpetual licence. Then where would I be ??

Funnily, (well, not funny, obvious really) my reseller was keen to get me onto subscription this year rather than renew my maintenance..... why the hell would I do that !! (at least don't pay anything for a year because there's nothing to gain).

Dang, I really hope AD can be trusted to have this Indie licence 'forever' - and not just pull it, thereby forcing you to go the full sub amount just to keep your projects alive and assets accessible.
                              Jez

------------------------------------
                              3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                              Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                              ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

surely you wouldnt lose a perpetual license? Instead you would be getting an indie on top of that yeah?
                                e: info@adriandenne.com
                                w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
                                X