3ds Max Indie for $250 per year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
    I can safely assume that c4D perpetual go away in 1-2 years.
    How, and why?
    Can you share the data which makes you think this is going to be the case?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by trick View Post

Cinema 4D perpetual license can ALWAYS be upgraded to the latest release!!!! Either by an upgrade or with the Maxon Service Agreement !!!!

https://www.maxon.net/en-gb/sites/ne...tual-licenses/
      MSA will be gone
      https://www.maxon.net/en/products/ci...elease-21/faq/.
      There is no clear announcement about how the future upgrade would be handled beyond R21.
      Also perpetual license do not include subscription benefits (Cineversity and upgrades).
      Also Maxon is also limiting of perpetual activation to 3 releases.

Sounds familiar, right?
      It took 3 years for Autodesk to phase out perpetual.
      If you can't see this as the beginning of the move to rental only, well...

Comment

I'll admit, reading the faqs doesn't paint a pretty picture for the continued existence of perpetual licenses, but it's also not a statement from Maxon that they will pull the plug on them.
        From a strategic standpoint, it'd make much more sense for them to test the waters, and make a choice based on the user base response in a year or two.
        AD isn't exactly getting glowing reviews from its customers in the value for money department, and i assume Maxon knows of this too.

Alas, we'll know soon enough.
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          From a strategic standpoint, it'd make much more sense for them to test the waters, and make a choice based on the user base response in a year or two.
          I think if you want to go full rental you must commit to it. Once you decide to phase out rental you can't have uncertainty about it. Adobe didn't flinch when they got backlash and Autodesk didn't either. And since the CEO is ex-adobe he probably won't need a trial phase either.

Comment

Maxon lives inside a much bigger conglomerate.
            I seriously doubt the "ex-adobe CEO" will have free reins in implementing such a change.
            They patently did not go full rental, given the offline, permanent licenses still exist and are sold.

One thing is predicting an uncertain future off one's own fears and someone else's past history, another is reading the present off specific declarations and commitments from the subjects in question.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Didn't say they were going full rental, just meant IF they were they would probably not "test it" but go all-in

Comment

it's a trap...they want the freelancers with perpetual to drop it by the indie, and then they cancel indie in a couple of years, so they have to go to the subscription plan
                show me the money!!

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist! XD

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	157
Size:	648.5 KB
ID:	1044659
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post

MSA will be gone...
                    Indeed that does not look pretty
                    Longing back to the days I was looking forward to feature-packed upgrades, which didn’t make me blink paying high upgrade prices. Since introduction of subscription I yet have to see any solid benefits from them (using Max2011 until 2018!) ....I wonder if shareholders benefit in the end!

Comment

AD do a similar thing for Fusion360, (useful for when clients send dodgy STEP file that need fixing) not easy to find and not that easy to renew once your year is out (I've done it once) and of course no guarantee it will continue.
                      https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/f...-for-hobbyists

But knowing Au£oDe$k it is totally a trap...
                      Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
                      I need a new signature
                      --
                      Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
                      ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
                        it's a trap...they want the freelancers with perpetual to drop it by the indie, and then they cancel indie in a couple of years, so they have to go to the subscription plan
                        Didnt they tried that back in the day with Viz, a.k.a MaxLite? They split Max in 2 identical versions, called one "Design" saying it was for archviz, discontinued Viz (which was a fraction of Max's cost), consequently forcing Viz users to go full Max...

Comment

It's a business and their only objective is to make money. You can trust that any change is to improve their bottom line. It might benefit the end-user or it might not. If they can make more money by lowering the price, we all win.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com
                          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

My 3DS Max subscription comes up for renewal soon. I believe i am on year 2 of a 3 year "special price lock" that I got when I (without a clear understanding) switched from maintenance to subscription. I will be paying $655 for the next year subscription and presumably one more year after that.

The Indie for $250/year sounds so good but...... that will cancel my 2 year price lock. My re-seller, who I did not choose, knows nothing about this and had never heard of Indie until I called them this morning to ask for more info.

Does anyone have any more updated info about Indie, is it a trap? Has anyone abandoned subscription in favor of Indie? I'm unfortunately skeptical and suspicious of Adesk and their schemes.
                            Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 01-10-2019, 05:42 AM.
                            mark f.
                            openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread....

I'm looking at a license myself, a little confusion with regards to the billing on Autodesk site though.

Ideally, I'd like to pay monthly but as you can see selecting 1 Month the cost is £222, yearly £276.

I'm going to assume the Indie sub only applies the discount to yearly price plans? If so that's a shame.

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1063234

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1063235

Comment

I bought the indie recently (had to buy through paypal since the autodesk canada side wasn't listing indie and the us site won't allow non us credit cards) and the only option it had was the yearly sub at the discounted price, there wasn't an indie paid monthly option (like a 25 dollar a month type of price).

Comment

Working...
                                X