3ds Max Indie for $250 per year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
    surely you wouldnt lose a perpetual license? Instead you would be getting an indie on top of that yeah?
    Knowing AD, I bet you would lose your Perpetual Licence....

But as Lele says, it's a step in the right direction. I plan on sticking with my 2020 version for 3+ years. Maybe, fingers crossed, AD will have a proper, non-limited offer for Indie licences by then
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post

Knowing AD, I bet you would lose your Perpetual Licence....

But as Lele says, it's a step in the right direction. I plan on sticking with my 2020 version for 3+ years. Maybe, fingers crossed, AD will have a proper, non-limited offer for Indie licences by then
      As far as I know, the indie license is not a trade-in program. You perpetual license should be fine.
      You could check with ADSK to be sure. Remember the indie license offering is a pilot program though. Its future is uncertain.

Comment

Thanks Jeffrey, as of right now, I don't see the point of me having an Indie licence as that'd only give me 2020 which I already have on perpetual (though it would give me access to the updated version of 2020 if/when those arrive).

I'm optimistic, hopefully AD will see Indie as a good opportunity for everybody.
        Last edited by JezUK; 01-08-2019, 03:43 AM.
        Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

Again, is there fine print about new customers only?
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I just hit the buy button and there isn't much information. It looks like I could have purchased it with PayPal or a credit card and that's it. I don't qualify, but how would they know? They are going to lose more business than they gain. People who are pirating software are not going to purchase it for any price. If you are already paying for it, like myself, why would you continue to pay full price, if you qualify? Will more people enter the industry, using 3DS MAX, now that the cost of entry went down? No, I don't think so. Something is going on... are they scared of something? You don't lower your price unless you need too. Did AD grow compansion?
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Other than income and region, it doesn't have any limitation. That's different than Houdini Indie.
              It is exactly same 3dsMax as full priced version.
              It doesn't have render resolution limitation.
              it doesn't have special format.
              All plugin/script works.

Comment

I think the limitation people are worried about is, having to pay full price after the first year.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Maybe AD want to test how many current subscribers would switch to Indie ? They do mention it’s a pilot scheme and maybe this is their only way of finding out the proportion of subscribers who are Indie users.

if subscriptions don’t drop by too much, they’ll keep the indie running.

if they lose sub sales by a sizeable amount, then the indie disappears (as per their ‘this is a pilot scheme’).

Either way, for me, now is a good time to start learning Blender 2.80

Last edited by JezUK; 01-08-2019, 11:02 PM.
                  Jez

Comment

Just a thought, unless you are truthful and tell them, how would Adsk know how much you earn? contact the tax office?

Comment

I'd love to get the Indie version if it was available in my region.

However, if they're not going to do the same thing for AutoCAD and Revit, then there's no point in Max Indie for me as I'll have to stick to my heavily overpriced AEC Collection Subscription

Max Indie + Autocad + Revit = more expensive than a heavily overpriced AEC Collection

But what would be awesome is:
                      Max Indie + Autocad Indie + Revit Indie = goodbye AEC Collection

Or just AEC Indie Collection = Total Awesomeness

At the end of the day, something's got to give, running a 3D business is becoming more expensive by the day and all these little prices add up.
                      Long gone are the days when you can get away with just 1 or 2 software packages
                      Today you need a gazzillion packages, each with a gazzillion plugins, not to mention all the web services you need to help run your business, admin, automation, review etc etc etc

Last edited by Morne; 01-08-2019, 11:55 PM.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Morne

Comment

Well it was a no-brainer for me here, with my current workload, so I bought a year. Turning off auto-renew means not paying the full whack at the end and suggests the ability to continue with another year of indie then, should I still need to.
                        Thank you AD....you don't hear that often
                        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
                          " Users should also be aware that the license will auto-renew at full price, but this can be avoided by disabling automatic renewal and resubscribing to the Indie license once it expires"
                          Omg that made me laugh so hard. *looking towards blender or Cinema4D*
                          Available for remote work.
                          My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

C4D turned to subscription.
                            You can buy perpetual. But, there is no upgrade path.
                            I can safely assume that c4D perpetual go away in 1-2 years.

Comment

ill get it for home see how it goes, no way im getting scammed onto a full rip off price in year though!
                              also prob not as reliable as the good old xforce version but does allow same setup between studio home and remote

Comment

Originally posted by gandhics View Post
                                C4D turned to subscription.
                                You can buy perpetual. But, there is no upgrade path.
                                I can safely assume that c4D perpetual go away in 1-2 years.
                                Cinema 4D perpetual license can ALWAYS be upgraded to the latest release!!!! Either by an upgrade or with the Maxon Service Agreement !!!!

https://www.maxon.net/en-gb/sites/ne...tual-licenses/

Comment

Working...
                                X