No announcement yet.

PSD Manager V-Ray 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have given up hope. Five months after VRay 5 was released and there isn't even a beta. I just purchased Pulze Post Manager. Does anyone know how to set up layers? I model on layers, so I want all my layers to be masked as PSD Manager did for me.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      I have given up hope...
      There is always hope. The Pre-Release of psd-manager 5 (yes 5 not 4) which supports V-Ray 5 among other things is available since Friday. An email has been sent out to all subscription license holders on Saturday. There will also be (early) upgrades to psd-manager 5 for users of the perpetual license, the website is still being prepared. There will also be free upgrades for all those that purchased psd-manager 4 after the release of V-Ray 5 Final (16th of June).

The changes in the V-Ray 5 SDK were substantial, because it broke backward compatibility. Before I could use the latest V-Ray 4 SDK to cover also the previous V-Ray versions. V-Ray 5 broke that. Now I need 10 extra GB of V-RAY SDKs installed to cover all 3ds max versions (that is in addition to the regular V-ray install for each 3ds max version for testing). Instead of 1 psd-manager plugin DLL there are now 3, because one can not use V-Ray 4 and 5 SDKs at the same time in a plugin! Work on psd-manager 5 was already further along so that adding V-Ray 5 support to psd-manager 4 was also not an option (and not any easier). I'm the sole creator of psd-manager (and Cebas the distributor), so personal matters also do delay things (Hey, we talk about you Corona. <-- not the renderer).
      TLDR; Making psd-manager work reliable no matter which renderer you use takes time.

I know psd-manager makes things look easy, and you really should not care about any of this - this just so you know where some of my gray hair is coming from. I'm sorry about any ones you got because of the long wait.

You can now also use V-Ray Next GPU and 5 GPU to save V-Ray render elements/channels, even tough GPU doesn't actually even support render effects. This is sorted out behind the scenes by psd-manager. The new Save Now button also provides much greater flexibility, that should help psd-manager users a lot. You don't have to re-render each time anymore since you can also save a PSD right away. Forgot to add a mask or tick that 32-bit PSD option, just do it - and then save again using the Save Now button. There are many other things, please read the version history in the help file.

Looking forward to your feedback here or at the new psd-manger community on Discord: https://www.cebas.com/psdsupport

Daniel
      Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

Thank you! I did download and I am testing. Your email got caught up in spam.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

**** Updated - I really should have read all the post before posting myself - you explained the situation regarding perpetual licence holders *****

Originally posted by dans View Post
          There is always hope. The Pre-Release of psd-manager 5 (yes 5 not 4) which supports V-Ray 5 among other things is available since Friday. An email has been sent out to all subscription license holders on Saturday. There will also be (early) upgrades to psd-manager 5 for users of the perpetual license, the website is still being prepared. There will also be free upgrades for all those that purchased psd-manager 4 after the release of V-Ray 5 Final (16th of June).

Daniel
          Hi Dan,

Sorry, to hijack the topic, but I didn't receive an email about this. I'm a perpetual licence holder (on v4 of PSD Manager). I've visited your website, I don't see v5 as advertised just yet.

PS - sounds a great upgrade

Many thanks.
          Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Scene Layer Output is what I use it for, mainly. I have yet to find a way to mask all my layers as easly as the PSD Manager does it. Everything else is a bonus.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

The beta is working perfectly! It is also working with progressive render.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Im waiting for psd layers 5 to upgrade to vray5.
                I use it mainly for rendering parts of the scenery to separate layers via the g-buffer (leaves of trees, leaves of shrubs, grass, etc ...) using material ID's since this is not possible in vray.

Seems its out on cebas webpage

Comment

Working...
                X