Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your rendering Rig images here... Lets see the beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da_elf
    ok. ive come to the conclusion that none of these images (even mine) are real. its all 3d renderings...why do i say so? because i dont see one cup of coffee hehehe. back before i quit coffee i remembered i couldnt get enough. a coffee Intravenus would have been best (hence why i decided to quit)
    The chrome looking cup with a red top is my coffee cup! and the funny thing is I don't drink coffee all that often. I find water and Gatorade wake me up. with the occasional bag of Skittles ...
    Thanks
    Mathew Everett
    http://www.lappymats.com

Phillipians 4:13
    "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

[quote="Dynedain"]My end of the office (It's a reasonably large place):
      My workstation:

/quote]

Hey that my desk in your right side screen!
      Thanks
      Mathew Everett

Comment

Originally posted by Mathew Everett
        Originally posted by Dynedain
        My end of the office (It's a reasonably large place):
        My workstation:
        On the right side? No, it's not. That's a custom built MDF counter with a white melamine finish. Underneath are a couple of very wide file cabinets.

The desk my monitors is on is a table from IKea (been using them for several years now, but they're be replaced with a custom MDF system like the rest of the office has, but in the same white melamine).

Comment

Hey Dynedain, do you have any problems with the shuttles overheating?

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

On the right side? No, it's not..
            im quite sure he ment your right monitor.. no ?

Comment

My end of the office (It's a reasonably large place):
              My workstation:
              On the right side? No, it's not. That's a custom built MDF counter with a white melamine finish. Underneath are a couple of very wide file cabinets.

The desk my monitors is on is a table from IKea (been using them for several years now, but they're be replaced with a custom MDF system like the rest of the office has, but in the same white melamine).
              IM talking on your right side Monitor! not real dsesk lol!
              Thanks
              Mathew Everett

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
                Hey Dynedain, do you have any problems with the shuttles overheating?

-dave
                I only did on one that had a stuck fan, otherwise, no problem at all. It's hard to tell from that picture, but they do get fairly decent ventillation (better than under a random desk) and I tried to space them apart, and I put little risers (made from the endcaps of the leftover tubes from rolls of plotter paper) underneath the feet to raise them up off the shelf.

IM talking on your right side Monitor! not real dsesk lol!
                Oh, yeah, I see what you mean your post inspired me to whip out my camera phone and snap some pictures

Comment

cool tkx, I have 1 shuttle that I built for a "trial" basis cause they take up so little room but were having issues with it gettin to hot inside the case. I mite just take it right apart and mod the case its self for better ventalation.

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

cool tkx, I have 1 shuttle that I built for a "trial" basis cause they take up so little room but were having issues with it gettin to hot inside the case. I mite just take it right apart and mod the case its self for better ventalation.

-dave
                    What processor did you use? About the only thing I would risk is switching out the cables for rounded ones. The path of airflow through a shuttle is pretty critical. Try raising it up a bit first, and make sure all the fans are running properly.

While these run fine for me, I deffinitely wouldn't attempt overclocking them.

Comment

Na as a general rule I overclock nothing, it was a special edition black shuttle that I droped in a P4 2.8ghz with 2g of ram. the hard drive is allways quite hot as there is no airflow over it and subsiquently it has gone through 3 hard drives over the past year and a half. The ide cables are rounded to a point but Im thinking of changing it to sata for the smaller cables.

-dave
                      Cheers,
                      -dave

Comment

Na as a general rule I overclock nothing, it was a special edition black shuttle that I droped in a P4 2.8ghz with 2g of ram. the hard drive is allways quite hot as there is no airflow over it and subsiquently it has gone through 3 hard drives over the past year and a half. The ide cables are rounded to a point but Im thinking of changing it to sata for the smaller cables.

-dave
                        SATA would be better, yeah, my machines don't have it.

Another thing that might help, is that I don't have any drives in there other than the HD. I just use a firewire/USB cdrom when I need one. Probably helps with the cooling and power substantially on these little guys.

Comment

yea currently is sitting in the basement where its cool on a big sheet of 1/4" aluminum with the top off. After the 2nd drive I pulled the DVD and Flash reader out of it. Ive been thinking of putting a HD cooler in the 5.5" bay and putting the HD there to get a little air flowing past it which would be exausted straight away by the CPU fan.

-dave
                          Cheers,
                          -dave

Comment

yea currently is sitting in the basement where its cool on a big sheet of 1/4" aluminum with the top off. After the 2nd drive I pulled the DVD and Flash reader out of it. Ive been thinking of putting a HD cooler in the 5.5" bay and putting the HD there to get a little air flowing past it which would be exausted straight away by the CPU fan.

-dave
                            You leave the case off? I wouldn't do that. Sure, you'll have slightly cooler air moving over the processor radiator, but you wont have airflow over some of the other fanless components.

Comment

Da_elf - nice setup man.
                              Dmitry Vinnik
                              Silhouette Images Inc.
                              ShowReel:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Mathew Everett:
                                I see you have a pci slot fan cooler for your video card. Is this because your 7800 was getting too hot?
                                Mine gets up to like 80c (7800gtx) but that seems to be kinda normal from what i have seen around the web.
                                Is that fan setup effective? what temp change have you noticed?

Comment

Working...
                                X