No announcement yet.

Looks like war in Maxwell forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a feeling from the beggining that this whole maxwell bum won't last too long, just like it was with fr. With stage-0 people were so excited and then loong waitng for stage 1 and bugs, bugs, bugs and service packs. I don't get it, maxwelll rendertimes were so huge that with this time you could build the house and photograph it .
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Loll
      Well done Lukx
      =:-/
      Laurent

Comment

We dont use maxwell but that is dissapointing news. Hope they sort it out.

Although in my humble opinion I do prefer the smoothed out less accurate images over the slow grainy ones. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why people are so upset at the moment... cant you still use the beta?

Comment

Originally posted by paulison
          We dont use maxwell but that is dissapointing news. Hope they sort it out.

Although in my humble opinion I do prefer the smoothed out less accurate images over the slow grainy ones. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why people are so upset at the moment... cant you still use the beta?
          Imagine that vlado would say one day just before releasing vray 1.5 that the new version will not be a max plugin anymore, but a standalone package where you need to import scenes created with a max export function. All max functions will become useless, but hey, you have vray 1.5. After that shock, you would try out that standalone, and you notice that 80% of the old vray functions don't work anymore. People would go crazy here too.
          Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

I still wonder why vray users are interrested in the mistakes of a different company while seeing vlado working on vray64 / standalone / maya / xsi and don't have any problems with the suggested shared interrest ,resources and energy of developing many different branches of a product which should be released since how many month / years?

Vray is still not finished (after how many years?) and far away from being a complete renderer or are the new betas able to generate a correct alpha from a glassmateral?
            www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

atleast its very usable, dont you agree ?, maxwell in the current state is not usable, but i agree its not really relevant here.

Comment

Originally posted by dennis
                atleast its very usable, dont you agree ?, maxwell in the current state is not usable, but i agree its not really relevant here.
                You compair a 9month old baby with a 4 year old child?

When the preorder offer of maxwell came out i really, really was wondering why somone would buy alpha software?
                ..to be honest , i also wonder why someone is buying vray when no visible development is going on ...since over 7 month.

Comment

Originally posted by Dschaga
                  You compair a 9month old baby with a 4 year old child?
                  no i compare the tools i need to get my job done.....

i think people buy vray for whats is already developed. not what is scheduled to be developed, i think you agree..

...really was wondering why somone would buy alpha software?..
                  of course users are not bound be some contract not to look for altarnatives if they dont like whatever software they currently use. Having said that i wouldnt mind a new final release now either, but again am very satisfied with the point releases i've had since i bougth 1.09.03 wich is what i paid for

Comment

just out of curiosity. whats this "finished" that people like to tag onto these products. they are never finished. if they made the product then never worked on it again to increase performance, features etc etc then sure that would be finished but who would want a "finished" product. sheesh. vrays gone so far in all this time

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
                      just out of curiosity. whats this "finished" that people like to tag onto these products. they are never finished. if they made the product then never worked on it again to increase performance, features etc etc then sure that would be finished but who would want a "finished" product. sheesh. vrays gone so far in all this time
                      indeed, but it's at least nice to pay for a product and actually be able to use it!

glad i didn't jump on this bandwagon!
                      when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Vray is still not finished (after how many years?) and far away from being a complete renderer or are the new betas able to generate a correct alpha from a glassmateral?
                        Dschaga, you cannot call any renderer "finished". New ideas, new options new ways of doing things always come up, and I find that chaos group is one of the few that actually takes into consideration these things and tries to make the life of 3d user better by implementing them;

Can you call any render finished? no... Renderman in my opinion is most complete, however, it lacks gi power of vray, flexibility and simplicity;

Mental ray is very well rounded renderer but it lacks speed and power of vray in many aspects.
                        Brazil 1.x is very well rounded but it lacks features that vray has such as MTD and 3D moblur, not to mention gi.
                        Final render stage 1 I dont even want to count in...

Brazil 2 is in development for a very long time and where is it? splutter fish anounced fall 2005, well fall is over and no brazil.

Vray also lacks some aspects like mental rays powerful shaders for example.
                        So you see, there are no "finished" renders out there. When finally vray 1.5 comes out, there will be talks of new features, new cpu cores which will allow faster renderings and implementation of new things which are not possible now.
                        Dmitry Vinnik
                        Silhouette Images Inc.
                        ShowReel:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

exactly what i said

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

I still wonder why vray users are interrested in the mistakes of a different company while seeing vlado working on vray64 / standalone / maya / xsi and don't have any problems with the suggested shared interrest ,resources and energy of developing many different branches of a product which should be released since how many month / years?
                            finished ..yep a bad word for a softwaredeveloper - you are all right!
                            btw, i'm glad to see that you do not disagree with the rest of my posting?

Comment

i also wonder why someone is buying vray when no visible development is going on ...since over 7 month
                              hmmm. so in the last 7 months you havent seen any posts about vray fast sss, dirt, sky, sun, camera ?

Comment

cool it dudes....no need for another war on chaos forum.
                                speaking about wars; on maxwell forum it got so bad that they are now enforcing post locks, post deletion etc.....brudal.
                                Dmitry Vinnik
                                Silhouette Images Inc.
                                ShowReel:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                                X