No announcement yet.

Looks like war in Maxwell forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chris you use vray for production often on features?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

hehe vray was used in movies before it was even on sale although it was a tiiiiiiiiny little shot of one cg character done for reign of fire

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
        chris you use vray for production often on features?
        no... not at sony. But still

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
          hehe vray was used in movies before it was even on sale although it was a tiiiiiiiiny little shot of one cg character done for reign of fire
          other things well... but if I told you, I would have to shoot you.

Comment

shame when i read about reign of fire in cinefex (which unfortunately i cant get in barbados boohoo. i miss that about living in canada) i was sorry i didnt see vray mentioned at all

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
              shame when i read about reign of fire in cinefex (which unfortunately i cant get in barbados boohoo. i miss that about living in canada) i was sorry i didnt see vray mentioned at all
              I don't want to belittle it, but DUDE, that was one shot, like 60 frames, was not even close to a hero shot, and was done by a third party post house. I really don't think it was that important. The shots done in last samurai and in house of flying daggers with vray were a more important. Don't forget the big hero stuff done on final destination 2.

Comment

dude...dont belittle our lil reign of fire. it was dabomb....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                  dude...dont belittle our lil reign of fire. it was dabomb....
                  my bad... all props to the dude on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                    Originally posted by Frances
                    If it could give me the render I wanted in 8 HOURS I would have been happy.
                    If any of my renders take longer then 1 or 2 hours a frame, I get a slap on the back of the head. And I have to render at 2048x1568 for every frame with motion blur.
                    That's your problem, not mine.
                    Surreal Structures
                    http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                      If it could give me the render I wanted in 8 HOURS I would have been happy.
                      If any of my renders take longer then 1 or 2 hours a frame, I get a slap on the back of the head. And I have to render at 2048x1568 for every frame with motion blur.
                      That's your problem, not mine.
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

LOL.
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

but he was so cwutsy with his widdle axe and mean scawy face ready to jump the big nasty dwagon but yeah. the other films featured vray more prominently. hey. its been two years since i got a cinefex. has vray been mentioned in it yet? they easily mention mental ray and renderman and i think they might have mentioned brazil in the one about the morons who went to the center of the world

Comment

I could have sworn that the shot in Reign of Fire that V-Ray was used on was just a previz shot and that one was not used in the actual movie but is on the making of on the DVD...

-dave
                            Cheers,
                            -dave
                            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                            X