Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riddle

I know there is a riddle in there joconnell : It is like the DaVinci code :

It will on it's hole - if I re-arrange the letters, maybe it will lead me to a town in Northern France and I'll find a vile with a scroll

- Ah I got nothing!!

The best I can hope for is patience and that the company will send me to Siggraph, then I'll see it in the flesh when it hatches.

Comment

Originally posted by charleyc
      Originally posted by joconnell
      It will on its hole
      I hope you ment Whole.
      Not at all

Comment

Max 9

I think I get it I don't think there will be a Max 9 at all - I think there will be a re-write and a new name - I don't think we are getting a number 9 - "it will on it's hole" - is a Dublin expression more or less equal to "Yeh Right !!!" in the states. The mentioning of all the previous max numbers 7,8 and now 9 is the clue.... I think

Comment

There'll be a bit of a tidy but nothing ground breakingly new. Aside from fluid there's nothing big for max to integrate so that its marketing feature list matches everyone elses. Speed increases may get a little better but you're dealing with a 12 year old program at this stage...

Comment

I'm getting ready to be dissapointed once again - I keep threatening it - maybe I'll actually act on the threat and start to learn XSI - it seems to be the only program that is going forward in a significant way - unless of course this is all smoke and mirrors - I know they (autodesk) are watching us and the NDA speaketh ! !

Comment

I'd say autodesk aren't watching and don't really care - Theres a handful of people that are steering the development of max and I think they're the big names you see floating around the max world all the time and they don't even listen to them half the time...

Xsi is a great program and personally it'd be a good idea for me to get back into it since all of my favourite studios use it but max still does everything I need quicker than anything else so I've no real reason to change at the moment...

Comment

I believe we are getting node based shaders in 9 (finally!)
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

it'd be nice!
                  care to substantiate and elaborate further?

Lele

Comment

from what i have heard....... Performance is the key word being thrown around.
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

yes spatial and temporal surfaces...
                      Dmitry Vinnik
                      Silhouette Images Inc.
                      ShowReel:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02
                        from what i have heard....... Performance is the key word being thrown around.
                        64bit and multi-threading?

-- DJ

Comment

I've been reliably informed that max 9 will definately be going 64 bit,
                          along with other performance enhancements

Comment

there once was a node based shader for max as a plugin, it was buggy but it worked. although i hated it

---------------------------------------------------
                            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yeah Schematic material editor was one of them - Kees rijnen has a framework for node based uis and I think someone is working on a new amterial editor now.

Comment

Hummmm can't wait too!!
                                =:-/
                                Laurent

Comment

Working...
                                X