X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=7684178

Comment

Thanks a million

Thanks a million - the shaders do look cool. One thing I have to say altough it happened on 8 and I don't use Mental Ray - we are very lucky to have unlimited render nodes. I just worked with a Maya guy who used Mental Ray on a project and screwed himself with node licenses - cost a bloody fortune.

Comment

we are lucky adam. It will be interesting to see if the pricing for render nodes drops with this new release
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

well mental ray network rendering is free and unlimited now, even DR, i read somewhere.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by chris-x//
            Originally posted by percydaman
            Oh and I cant wait to see people start using the dirt pass in their workflows. Its totally changed how we do things where I work. I absolutely LOVE creating low quality, very blurred irradiance maps that render fast, render with NO blotches or noise, and just use dirt pass for the finer GI shading.
            could you eleborate please ? seems hot though I do not really understand. thanks
            you can use a rather low res irradiance map, but blur the irradiance map using interp/hsph samples or whatever, to get a nice smooth map, it just doesn't have alot of the finer details. Those are created using the dirt map, which is fast to render and very easy to adjust.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I really like skylight attached to time and location function, we shouldn't be engineer to understand sky's turbidity, ozone levels ,

Simplicity of architectural materials are also great Vray team can add those easily

I always feel like an engineer rather than a designer while using vray
              --Muzzy--

Comment

Muzzy,
                The way I understand it (correct me beta testers) is that if you leave the default values of the vray sun/sky system, vray automatically makes the sun/sky act correctly based on position of the sun in the scene.

What you can do is put Max's sun/sky system in the scene, turn it off, then use a position contraint to lock the vray sun to max's sun. That way you can set the position and time of day of max's sun like in the video, and the vray sun will move with it.

Comment

Originally posted by gilpo
                  What you can do is put Max's sun/sky system in the scene, turn it off, then use a position contraint to lock the vray sun to max's sun. That way you can set the position and time of day of max's sun like in the video, and the vray sun will move with it.
                  You can already do this in previous versions of Max using the Daylight system (instead of the new MR system coming in 9) or wih the Photometric Sun.

So, they're just adding a third way to do the same damn thing instead of enhancing the old ways....

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
                    You can already do this in previous versions of Max using the Daylight system (instead of the new MR system coming in 9) or wih the Photometric Sun.

So, they're just adding a third way to do the same damn thing instead of enhancing the old ways....
                    So what your saying is that AME is just trying to polish a turd?

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Muzzy,
                      The way I understand it (correct me beta testers) is that if you leave the default values of the vray sun/sky system, vray automatically makes the sun/sky act correctly based on position of the sun in the scene.
                      That´s basically correct, the nerds can read the paper (Preetham et al), as a sidenote for the non-nerds : This isnt actually a physical calculation, this is a physically based ANALYTIC approach. Basically that means, instead of calcing the real light scattering in the atmospheres, there ewre formulas developed that mimic real life behaviour. There´s a lot of things left out, like pollution, localised differences etc etc...but it serves the purpose pretty well And it´s bloody fast. plus it can actually be seen in the viewport (just turn on "use environment background"). That´s great to play with and find the right position/settings

Regards,
                      Thorsten

Comment

yeah. i think terragens sky is actually one of the better ones ive seen due to the insane amount of peramiters you can choose like haze and polution and half light etc. maybe someone more versed in the different programs out there can tell me if its using the same principle as vrays and maxwells yet giving way more peramiters

---------------------------------------------------
                        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

polished turd sounds about right!
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Muzzy,
                            Thanks gilpo, didn't know that. I will try it
                            --Muzzy--

Comment

I quite like terragen looking forward to seeing what the new vversion will be like.

Comment

Working...
                              X