Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye Canny Dooeeet

Comment

whats the point on getting such a great delivery time if you cant use it!!!
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Had to get the good price as well

Comment

DO IITTTTT!!!!!!!!!
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

oh... welll.. since you put it that way... NO

Well enough of this chitchat.. im off to bed

Comment

It's the 26th here... how is it???

Merry Christmas.
              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

There's a very large discussion by a guy called ihavenofish (probably waiting on brazil 2) on the autodesk area forum about lcd panels who seems to really know the strengths and weaknesses of each. There seems to be a huge difference in them and I havent been impressed with the colour quality of the dells so far personally.

Here's the thread - http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...hreadID=517073

Comment

Well so far im loving it
                  I takes awhile to get used to the sheer size of it.

WIll post up a picture or 2 in a few hours.

joconnell:
                  Nice thread. Seems teh HP has the better lcd for color reproduction, but Dell is releasing the same thing very shortly (92% gamut).. may already be out in the US (I mentioned it in my first post I think)

Comment

seems my acer al1916W is to small to be part of many reviews but im glad to see in a google search of review sites that i did make a good purchase for price vs performance

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Sorry kinda forgot to upload the picture

Here it is.. again excuse the crap quality its from my mobile phone camera in low light.
                      That my old 22" CRT on the left there, and for comparision the same sized 1600x1200 desktop image on both screens

Comment

I have same setup at work, except a 20in dell on the side. We turn the 20" to portrait (sideways) so that the 1600px horizontal matches the 1600px vertical of the 30in. the physical dimensions are identical.

I still could use another 20in on the other side!! Too many panels in max!

My boss has two 30s. One Dell, one Mac side by side. I haven't made any direct color/quality comparisons myself.

Comment

DaForce: Weird how the 22" CRT on the right looks bigger than the 30" LCD

How would you describe the color on the LCD to the color on the CRT?
                          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

The CRT frame makes it look big. Also, don't forget the 30" is a widescreen and I believe that must be taken into consideration.
                            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

jonahhawk:
                              Nice setup, saw a site somewhere where someone had what you are after.. 2 20" on either side of a 30, and windows was spannned across all 3.. pretty amazing site.

dlparisi:
                              haha thanks, fixed
                              The LCD certainly has more virbant colors.. it seems my CRT is abit washed out.. but that could be because it just needs a tweak. Im happy with it so far.

jujubee:
                              There was actually a typo (right instead of left) in my post, and dlparisi was kindly "pointing" it out to me.. hahaha
                              He doesnt really think the crt is bigger than the lcd.

Comment

My boss has a 30" Dell and a 30" Mac side by side. He said the color and contrast are noticeably better on the Dell. Just looking over his shoulder I could see the contrast difference.

I like the thinner bezel on the dell too.

I have to say, isn't great that we are even having a conversation like this? That 30" displays are a reality and multicore processors are here. the future is going to be crazy. The MHz race is over. The core race has begun.

I keep picturing that dorky processor from Terminator 2; the one with the 8 cubes linked together... the evil AI chip that turned on mankind... I can't wait!!

Sorry, I'm off the off topic...

This from Wikipedia:
                                Skynet was an internal project name during the mid-Nineties for a MIPS processor design; it was later renamed Beast (the CPU was designed to run at 666 Mhz).

Comment

Working...
                                X