• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea. this looks very nice plugin.
    Best Regards,
    Erko Raaman

www.erkoraaman.com

Comment

Just upgraded to 9 and so this plug-in no longer works. Anyone know if it will be recompiled for 9? I remember someone said they contacted the creator, any word back?

Comment

Unfortunately no,

either I got stuck in his spam filter or he is on a veeeery long holiday.

Best regards,

Dieter
        --------
        visit my developer blog

Comment

I just tried sending him an email as well. I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

Comment

I think he's really a "long on answers" man, as I yesterday recieved his reply about recompiling for max9 x64 - it was several weeks as I sent him mail.
            So his reply was smth like " I'm glad to, but won't have any legal opportunities... no max9 here ". I told him, I wold be glad to test his plugin... still no reply on this.... Always though, max sdk is freely available via autodesk developer site. Smth like http://sparks.discreet.com/
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

There is an update on his site dated 3/11 where he says he will be updating to max 64bit.

Comment

Oh, of course he will, the question is WHEN
                I just can't seem to trust myself
                So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                CG Artist

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                  done some foam in different ways. first idea for whitecaps would be using a world coordinate gradient to create a foam map. Another way would be using an inverted dirtmap. Yet another method would be using an anglebased map. Or a combination of the three. These maps could also be used to generate spraying form to some extend (using mapbased birth and PFlow)

Regards,
                  Thorsten
                  I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you had any pointers for the foam map. Im trying to get foam around objects that are half submerged in the water. I have tried putting a vay dirtmap into the reflection, refraction slots, but the effect is only very slight..is there a way to increase the dirtmap density ? Or any other tips on how to do this type of shader ?

Thanks
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

stick your dirtmap into a rgb multiply.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a go..
                      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                      X