Outsourcing, cheap markets - ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outsource

I can't say I read all that was written under this thread, but I scanned through most everything. I am always aware of what others are charging and I have to continue to educate myself on the latest technology to get the job done better and faster... hence my move to VRAY. I am now modeling everything in Revit, which allows me to model 3X as fast. Luckily I can still charge full price, but I am prepared to lower my rates if I have to, but I will not allow myself to loose money and family time.

We have to face it that we work in a global market and the work we do is virtual. I think the key is having a relationship with out clients and educating them. Most if the guys I work for are professionals and understand the marketplace. I modeled this in one day using Revit and I'll use VRAY for the staging (light and textures) I am charging $800 for it.

http://whitebirchstudios.com/bhhmn/P...m%20liquor.jpg
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You have to charge what you need to make to survive. You have to know your operating costs and then you charge what you can to get by. My expenses here at home are different than they would be if I worked in NY or if I had an office in addition to my home.

This whole thing reminded me of the local artist who did watercolor renderings for many firms here. He charged $100-200 per image for a full 48"X36" watercolor rendering. If you wanted changes he would just paint over the image. I could never compete with him. And yet the first watercolor render I met (10 years ago) charged $100 per hour. And architects were fine paying $1000-2000 per image. These are American artists competing against each other and both seem to be successful. Both are in California and I cannot really say that one was better than the other. Now I don't know who made more money and I don't know that both took the same amount of time for projects.

Hell I am going to buy the next Harry Potter do I buy it at Borders for $17 or the local bookshop for $35?

Comment

Working...
      X