Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiles Map

Hi all,
    i'am using a tiles map for displacement here, and was sure that there was a option for giving a map INSIDE the tiles. so that he uses the map for each tile. but he's using it over all at the moment like that:

am i blind or is there a trick for doing it?

best regards
    Jonas
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Would it be easier to do in photoshop with a very small tiling area? Might seem like less control, but if you keep it open in the background and save over its not a major issue. Thats how ive always done it.

Comment

Well by upping the tiling to the same amount as the tiles ? In this case 10/10

Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

when tiling the gradient i havn't the possibility to rotate it random like, plus when using running bond it wan't fit.
        ja ps is possible also, but would love to go procedural.
        and i damn can remember that it was possible in earlier builds of max. ( i think):-\
        Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
        www.shack.de

Comment

I see what you wanna do, Jonas, but no, I'm pretty sure it's impossible. You need the gradient to offset to match the running bond, which you'll probably have to do with a texture map in Photoshop.

It really would be nice if the tile map allowed you to repeat the texture inside the tiles, especially once you get to the more complicated bond types.

Shaun
          ShaunDon

Comment

if you want that you might wanna take a look at dimo's tilemagic (see maxplugins.de)

This is a checker texture that randomly chooses the Checkercolor from 4 different Colors/Maps. This can be used to minimize obvious tiling.
            Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

will take a look.
              thanks for the tip man
              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
              www.shack.de

Comment

this was done with standard stuff

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

a damn,
                  exactly that!!
                  how was it done?
                  Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                  www.shack.de

Comment

Dude..you gotta explain that...been trying for awhile to do this as well.
                    -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

pretty simple. inside the tile texture i have a mix map. the 1st map is the gradient with tile set to 4. then 2nd map is with tile set to 4 and offset set to 0.125. the mix map is a gradient rotated 90 degrees, tiling set to 2 and interpolation on the gradient set to solid.

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

i use techniques like this in my procedural shingles and procedural clay tile roofs

Comment

I'm writing some procedural maps for max and new tile map is among them. I'm planning on having controls to have gradients per tile, rounded corners for tiles and falloff etc.

Since I'm doing it on my free time don't expect anything to come out soon, perhaps in a month or so. You can follow the proggres in CGTalk thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=577781

Here is a screenshot/render from the nearly finished wood map: http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/%7Ejyli...BerconWood.jpg

If you have any wishes please post them to the CGTalk thread.
                          http://www.ylilammi.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBercon View Post
                            I'm writing some procedural maps for max and new tile map is among them. I'm planning on having controls to have gradients per tile, rounded corners for tiles and falloff etc.

Since I'm doing it on my free time don't expect anything to come out soon, perhaps in a month or so. You can follow the proggres in CGTalk thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=577781

Here is a screenshot/render from the nearly finished wood map: http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/%7Ejyli...BerconWood.jpg

If you have any wishes please post them to the CGTalk thread.
                            The tile map sounds great. Will it also be able to support separate bitmaps? Mybe kills the whole procedural (hmm still quasi procedural?) thing but It would be very useful to be able to assign a number of bitmaps and have them randomly distributed among the tiles.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

nice, thanks da elf for your hint! will try it as soon as i'am back in office tomorrow!
                              as for the moment i've done it manualy in ps. but would be much better your way.

@MasterBercon: sounds really promising! looking forward to it
                              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                              www.shack.de

Comment

Working...
                              X