NVIDIA working on hardware acceleration for Mental Ray and ray tracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

looks very impressive , but i have one question ehh...

. I can see that there are only a few option in the renderer setting (V-Ray interactive Renderer) If i want use the Override Mtl option, or change the Color mapping?

I hope soon i can use this baby...

cecofuli
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Originally posted by ngrava View Post
      Whoa there dude. Speak for your self. I'm really poor and can't afford another $1000.
      Well, don't buy it when it comes out then.
      It's not like your license of VRay will be rendered void, hey?
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

We are all very lucky that Vlado and crew are driven by the product not the profit. Then again, in the beginning, drug dealers give it out for free too.

Comment

awesome..
          that will save hours and hours on some jobs -
          is there anything about how many lights it supports - couldnt see any in the teapot scene - will lights slow it down a lot?

Comment

some of us don't work for large visualisation studios and some of us have our own small companies that don't own VRay for years and years already. Some of us had to save for a very long time to just be able to afford 1 license and have that license for a very short period so the thoughts of spending some more money which we dont have is not a very nice feeling!. I would really like to purchase this rt thing when it comes out, but I'm afraid like so many others, I will end up buying another VRay license before I buy additional VRay goodies for the same user. Us small guys never complain about you big guys and actually envy you sometimes, why is it then that the big guys always want to step and crush us little guys?

(and by that I dont mean Chaos, I mean the guys complaining that we are wining and want to know if it will be free or how much it will cost)

I'm very excited about this new program and look forward to one day owning it. So come on guys, give the little guy a break and lets all help each other be better CG Artists and try not to step on those that might not be in such a fortunate position as yourself...
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
              Then again, in the beginning, drug dealers give it out for free too.

Thats hilarious...cause its true!

Great Vlado...keep up the good work....you guys are doing a great job all around!
              -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I am unsure what i see
                the way of render reminds me of maxwell and fprime

is it pure CPU rendering or do the GPU the most part?

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                  I am unsure what i see
                  the way of render reminds me of maxwell and fprime

is it pure CPU rendering or do the GPU the most part?
                  It's pure cpu and a flavor of lc ppt
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

everytime I make a note to lookup what this PPT is all about and give it a try, but everytime I get busy with a project... thanks for the indirect reminder RErender
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by DVP3D View Post
                      some of us don't work for large visualisation studios and some of us have our own small companies that don't own VRay for years and years already. Some of us had to save for a very long time to just be able to afford 1 license and have that license for a very short period so the thoughts of spending some more money which we dont have is not a very nice feeling!. I would really like to purchase this rt thing when it comes out, but I'm afraid like so many others, I will end up buying another VRay license before I buy additional VRay goodies for the same user. Us small guys never complain about you big guys and actually envy you sometimes, why is it then that the big guys always want to step and crush us little guys?

(and by that I dont mean Chaos, I mean the guys complaining that we are wining and want to know if it will be free or how much it will cost)

I'm very excited about this new program and look forward to one day owning it. So come on guys, give the little guy a break and lets all help each other be better CG Artists and try not to step on those that might not be in such a fortunate position as yourself...
                      Oh did I step on you? I'm sorry. didn't see you down there!
                      Oh look! There are lots of you little guys! Mom, can I keep them? They're so cute and fuzzy. I promise to feed them every day and change the paper in their cage. Please!

I'll stop hijacking this thread now.

Comment

So come on guys, give the little guy a break and lets all help each other be better CG Artists and try not to step on those that might not be in such a fortunate position as yourself...
                        I hear ya on that. Buying all this software and hardware is extremely difficult from an individual standpoint. Extremely difficult. Finally, I'm at a point where I'm starting to get ahead but it took quite a few years of struggling as an independent person and can start to contribute more. It can be done if you play your cards right - I'm not saying it's easy. It's far from it.

That being said, there's members here for the past +5 years that have seen Vray/Chaos grow from nothing to what they are now. Some of them were in beta and others just purchased a seat a VERY very long time ago.

Vlado and Peter (as well as the rest of the Chaos team) has repeatedly provided the BEST support of any software I've seen and constant updates (as well as letting some of us try their betas) for all these years. They diodn't charge for a single update.

Chaos does't (and shouldn't) work completely for free. They also have some stiff competition lately. They too as well have to make a living. And there's no doubt in my mind that they work extremely hard and passionate about their software. So as much as it pains me on a personal level financially (not being a big studio), I am willing to try to help them out as much as possible and support their efforts. I think many of us feel the same way.

Plenty of people could continue to use a separate Vray from the real-time engine luxury - same as what we have been doing all these years leading up to this.

Anyways, enough of my 'hijack' too.
                        Last edited by jujubee; 27-03-2008, 03:00 PM.
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
                          Chaos does't (and shouldn't) work completely for free.
                          This made me chuckle.
                          COMPLETELY, no, of course.
                          Just a bit, maybe?

Ok, just being silly here
                          Lele
                          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                          ----------------------
                          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I hope, there will be some disscounts on only rt feature (nodelocked and floating one) of standalone. As personally I don't need that much standalone, to pay twice for a rt feature. I'm sure Chaos understands that, and I'm sure there won't be any hassle for a us small-middle ones to get just a piece of that tasty smelling cake

P.S. BTW - dongle policy still holds warez-mokeys outside
                            Last edited by Paul Oblomov; 27-03-2008, 04:07 PM.
                            I just can't seem to trust myself
                            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
                            ---------------------------------------------------------
                            CG Artist

Comment

This looks fantastic and i really look forward to try it out

I think people will be happy to may more in general but it isnt such an essential peice of software as vray itself so i'm hoping that it will be affordable for the majority of vray users so that we get a huge user base to help push future developments

I think it will be one of those tools people buy as needed. In our office i guess we may start with a copy on the machine used for client meetings and then spread to workstations as people get used to using it. Just trying to think ahead, sorry!

Comment

@lele - perhaps this just American english - trying to emphasize a point. Then again, perhaps the way I speak American english is simply retarded.

@vlado - do you think at some point you will be able to leverage the GPUs found in cards to handle some of the extra loads? How much of an 'acceleration boost' could these people possibly be talking here? As it seems, my graphics card seems to move slowly in standard viewports in complex scenes. But perhaps that's simply an ADesk limitation.
                                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X