Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CG-Source.com is launched - High quality textures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CG-Source.com is launched - High quality textures!

Hi,

Just wanted to announced that I've just launched a new website called CG-Source.com

On the site there are some free tools, a script to generate floors and a map to assign multiple textures randomly. And I'll be selling "MultiTextures" to use with the MultiTexture Map, and I'll also be selling "normal" textures an HDRi maps. The site is not about quantity but all about quality, so all textures are in highres, the average size right now is 101 Megapixels per texture. I'm trying to make textures that cover a large physical area but still have a good resolution for smaller details, this makes it possible to both downscale textures or crop in them.

This image shows the process on how to use the FloorGenerator, MultiTexture Map, and a MultiTexture of floorboards to create a dynamic floor that can be any size, it will never tile and it can still be seen up close.

And a few renderings that shows the products in use.

Hope this is something people can use! If you guys have any suggestions, critique, request.. then let me know.

One last thing.. spread the word, tell all your friends about the site

/Thomas
    www.suurland.com
    www.cg-source.com
    www.hdri-locations.com

Great tool, great textures.

Comment

Very nice as usual Suurland.

Comment

omg, that looks like a fantastic tool.
        Thanks!
        Patrick Macdonald
        Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

Looks neato. I'd like to suggest some standard presets. Kind of like what you can choose in max's tile procedural. Hopefully your tool can do herringbone patterns and such.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Glad you guys like it

The size of the boards depends heavily on the texture so I'm not sure presets would work out. It can't do herringbone at the moment, but it's for sure planned when the script is updated.

/Thomas
            www.suurland.com
            www.cg-source.com
            www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Very nice idea. Although the registration process gives errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/vhosts/cg-source.com/httpdocs/register_process.php:17) in /var/www/vhosts/cg-source.com/httpdocs/register_process.php on line 132

I suggest that requests can only be sent by email !!

Comment

Hmm Trick, that is weird, other people are registrering without problem. i did change something to the file now, so if you try again let me know if it works.

if not could you email me at mail@cg-source.com and let me know what email and so on your using.

/Thomas
                www.suurland.com
                www.cg-source.com
                www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

I got a confirmation for my registration, but the error message does still appear after entering data (so you may get some weird registration data )

Have you also thought about a roof tile generator ?

Comment

thats the most useless product ive ever seen. hehe kidding. looks awsome

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Great work!
                      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

a very handy toolset!

contains the multitexturepacks maps for bump, specular or normals?

i tried the multitexture-plugin for max 2009 32bit. max don't load the
                        plugin. (plugin is not for this version) any idea what's wrong?

nice day!

Comment

Hi,

I just updated the zip file with a new version for max2009 32bit. It should work now. But make sure it download the files correct, firefox just gets it from the cache, so check inside the zip file and make sure the 2009 32bit file has a different date then the rest.

The multitextures doesn't have bumps maps. The gaps you don't need as you get those from the 3d model FloorGenerator creates, for bump, specular and glosiness I usally create an output map or colorcorrect and instance the MultiTexture Map from your diffuse slot into that, and adjust the map in the output or colorcorrect, this way you won't be using any extra textures which takes up memory. Also if you buy credits on the site there is actually some complimentary files, which are 5 bump maps that contains dents and scratches.
                          www.suurland.com
                          www.cg-source.com
                          www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

It is realy realy usefull dude!
                            Thanx alot

Comment

awesome tool i always done that boarding by hand and added random uv offset life saver really
                              -= hellostudio.eu =-

Comment

Working...
                              X