Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CG-Source.com is launched - High quality textures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An updated version with support for max2010 of MultiTexture is now on www.cg-source.com enjoy

/Thomas
    www.suurland.com
    www.cg-source.com
    www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Great !! Thanks !!

Comment

Thanks Thomas. Great work on all the free plugins/scripts.

I just bought a bunch of credits from you. I'm looking forward to using your floor generator textures.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Great plug-in.
          It isn't compatible with RT though so you just get the underlying material colour. Is this something that is likely to be fixed, if that is even possible???

thanks
          Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
          I need a new signature
          --
          Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
          ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Originally posted by ior=0 View Post
            Great plug-in.
            It isn't compatible with RT though so you just get the underlying material colour. Is this something that is likely to be fixed, if that is even possible???

thanks
            It's important to know that Max shaders AREN'T VRay shaders. VRay itself is integrated so that it renders Max shaders, but VRay RT is not, so as it is it just emulates the Max shaders like noise and checker using it's own shader (that isn't exactly the same). What you're asking for is for people to make 2 plugins - a Max one and a VRay one. I'm all for it! But just realize it's not a simple matter of making it "work" with VRay RT.

Comment

I do understand that. I was just making an observation and sort of asking Thomas if he had thought about making it compatible with vrayRT "if that is even possible".
              RT can use bitmaps and sub-object mats (or multi-maps) but obviously I don't know the in's and out's of MultiTexture's code or how RT emulates max shaders. But I'm sure I'm not alone in using many 3rd party shaders and some max shaders that aren't necessarily compatible with RT, I was just wondering what the requirements are to be compatible, especially as Thomas is such an avid Vray user, I thought he might know.
              Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
              I need a new signature
              --
              Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
              ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Its certainly possible to include support for VRayRT but only after the SDK for it is released.

Currently there is no way of making anything for VRayRT AFAIK.
                http://www.ylilammi.com/

Comment

I am having the same problems with nodes. I am finding that most of the nodes cant use the multi-texture material. I am trying the fix mentioned above.

UPDATE:
                  Bonza fellas, that windows download thing fixed not only the multi-texture material not working, but also sped up the connection time between nodes and server!
                  Thanks,
                  Tom.
                  Last edited by Tommy L; 22-07-2009, 08:11 AM.
                  Tom Livings.
                  INFXstudio.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy L View Post
                    I am having the same problems with nodes. I am finding that most of the nodes cant use the multi-texture material. I am trying the fix mentioned above.

UPDATE:
                    Bonza fellas, that windows download thing fixed not only the multi-texture material not working, but also sped up the connection time between nodes and server!
                    Thanks,
                    Tom.
                    What's Bonza?

Comment

Isnt that what all aussies say George?
                      Just like the way you say feeeeeeesh and cheeeeeeeeeeeps?
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Ive just downloaded the multitexture plugin and the script for the floor generator. I create a spline and then run the script. I click on create floor, the floor is created, but it still displays "floor not created", and I cannot edit or update any of the changes I do...what am I doing wrong ?

Im running max 2010 64 bit.
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

You shouldn't have to create a spline - just create a plane and see if that works. Suurland has another dedicated thread for his floor generator here.

Comment

The plugin seems to work with either spline or plane, but that is not the problem. Once I have created a floor using the script (by having either a plane or a spline), I still cannot update it as I change the variables..The script still says that a floor has not been generated..
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Oh. Yeah, I've run into that bug a few times as well. Not just you. Sorry I misread what you said.

Comment

Sounds a bit weird..

But does it start working again Juju?.. i never experienced this myself.

/Thomas
                                www.suurland.com
                                www.cg-source.com
                                www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Working...
                                X