Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson concert. Last one ever !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im getting the impression the bad media coverage and accusations have burnt a mark in peoples minds....
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by tom182 View Post
      Michael Jackson has just announced his dates for his up and comming UK tour,
      they are Joe aged 5, Peter aged 7 and Andy aged 5 1/2
      ROFLMAO
      This was as good as it was sadly true XD

About the mark in people's minds, i'd say he has been looking for it all his life.
      I feel no pity nor mercy towards him, and honestly i'd be mightily fine if he never even existed.
      A product of the media, with absolutely no positive message to give.
      That he should die by media coverage is only fit.
      Real life is something else entirely.
      Then again, i am known for soft expression of mild judgements XD
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I think the guy has fantstic talent. Who knows if he did the stuff they say..it was never proven. I like to keep an open mind in situations like this. Theres enough nasty media personel out there to wreck any celebrety if they really wanted to. I do feel pity toward him. Someone has a talent and is then taken advantage of because of the money...and I know for damn sure some people will do ANYTHING for money these days. Thats the real sad truth !
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by tom182 View Post
          Michael Jackson has just announced his dates for his up and comming UK tour,
          they are Joe aged 5, Peter aged 7 and Andy aged 5 1/2
          Brilliant!!!
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            About the mark in people's minds, i'd say he has been looking for it all his life.
            I feel no pity nor mercy towards him, and honestly i'd be mightily fine if he never even existed.
            A product of the media, with absolutely no positive message to give.
            That he should die by media coverage is only fit.
            Real life is something else entirely.
            Then again, i am known for soft expression of mild judgements XD
            Who actually knows, apart from close friends and family, what he (or any other 'superstar' for that matter) is like in real life. There is no such thing as perceived real life with this mega-stardom: it is a construct of newspapers, magazines, 'news' and television.
            What positive message would you want him to give? He is only a singer/dance act afterall. As with most art/music, you either love it, loathe it, or some measure in between.
            Kind Regards,
            Richard Birket

Comment

Hmm, shouldn't be long before he makes another appearance on South Park.

Comment

when you see him dance on the videos his movement is just superb - in Thriller, surrounded by dozens of other professional dancers his own dance is the sharpest - but the lunacy of stardom seems to tip many over the edge and they believe their own myths

I just cant help recalling the photo of him , Liza Minelli, her husband and Elizabeth Taylor

and seeing his "face" on tv when he announced this tour - like a psycho skin surgeon has sculpted a cartoon character

to be honest I'm surprised anyone under 35 wants to see him

Comment

You may well be surprised but think of all the parents that think hes fantastic...their kids will have been fed that positive info, just like my dad used to love Elvis...i used to also, things change however as you get older Theres also enough footage of him on youtube for every age group to see what an amazing performance he does.

His music is also not old like some older performers. I think its still very original and much better than some of the teeny crap you hear these days.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                    Who actually knows, apart from close friends and family, what he (or any other 'superstar' for that matter) is like in real life. There is no such thing as perceived real life with this mega-stardom: it is a construct of newspapers, magazines, 'news' and television.
                    What positive message would you want him to give? He is only a singer/dance act afterall. As with most art/music, you either love it, loathe it, or some measure in between.
                    Not quite.
                    Think of the lyrics of a Leonard Cohen, for instance, or Bob Bylan.
                    No fuss about their private life (that is not to say, i agree, that they are "saints".), no attention given to anything else than the quality of their work.
                    Pop artists are a manufactured class, and they were born and bred for the media, and by the media they fizzle and die out.
                    They thrive(d) in the spotlight, when the quality of their work was mediocre at best, if one took away the hype.

Real art lies WELL elsewhere as far as i am concerned.
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I'm with Steve. We have to separate his personality from the music he has done.
                      He has led a life very strange, disappointing from the outside, but his music (especially the first stage) was always bright.

You need only remember Billie Jean, Beat It or Smooth Criminal, for example.

Lele, I agree that something is art and other entertainment. But the entertainment is often also necessary.
                      Last edited by Nek; 23-03-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Not quite.
                        No fuss about their private life (that is not to say, i agree, that they are "saints".), no attention given to anything else than the quality of their work.
                        Pop artists are a manufactured class, and they were born and bred for the media, and by the media they fizzle and die out.
                        They thrive(d) in the spotlight, when the quality of their work was mediocre at best, if one took away the hype.

I totally disagree. Artists are inspired by events around them. Some are more external in their inspirations and others are more internal..ie Michael Jackson. He obviously led a fairly enclosed lifestyle with only his emotions and frustrations to feed off. His music in my opinion was fantastic. I really like his early stuff right through to his later creations. Obviously he led a strange life, but I think that fact was taken advantage of. In terms of being mediocre, thats just not true. His work has inspired many people and he didnt tend to follow trends which made him and his style much more unique than a lot of others. If you want mediocre just look at some of the stuff in the charts today. I will admit there is some good stuff to..Kings or Leon being one group I think are great, but nothing for me really stands out that much these days, whereas I think Michael has always stood out for his amazing ability within the music industry. If he was so average why is it every ticket for every performance has sold out....I'd like to see Girls aloud or another one of the mainstream commercial shit weve all heard before do something like that so quickly.

Another example of someone using their personal life as food for music was Alanis Morrisette. She was another fantastic artist in my opinion... and im sure there are many others that do exactly the same thing !
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree here, Steve.
                          You get taken advantage from the media if you allow them to, oftentimes for a price.
                          No one forced him to hang his "baby" out of the window in public, but that gave him some spotlight at a time when he was producing nothing at all.
                          The ticket sales are a worthless statistic to me.
                          As they feed upon the media coverage, the biased reviews, the money thrown into ads campaigns, and so on, on top of personal preferences.

This said, do enjoy the event, as i'll enjoy the music i like at home, or from some other artist's concert.
                          Lele
                          ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Not quite.

Mmm. This is a rather close minded argument in my opinion. "My music is better than your music" and all that. Whilst I do not own the entire Michael Jackson catalogue (or anyone elses for that matter), I appreciate that there are those people that love his music, and those that do not...and like/loathe it to any degree in between.

Not all music has to mean something. Some of it is just for fun, in a lightweight, happy kind of way. You remind me of someone I know very well who is extremely cynical, often to an annoying degree, of any music that doesn't live up to his 'deep and meaningful' expectations.

The beauty of art, in any format, is that it is amazingly varied and can cater to/for most, if not all, tastes.

Anyway, about SP3...........
                            Kind Regards,
                            Richard Birket

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                              whereas I think Michael has always stood out for his amazing ability within the music industry

ooOOOhhhHHH! On first name terms now are we????
                              Kind Regards,
                              Richard Birket

Comment

Generally, art is made with the intention of stimulating thoughts and emotions.
                                From wikipedia.

MJ does nothing of that kind for me, aside from stimulating a deep sense of loss of humanity, grossness for his self-induced looks, and sadness at the way he conducts himself in the light of the public eye.
                                There's no cynicism to this, rather empathy.

It's a personal view, of course, but then this was well outlined in my statement of a few posts above:

Lele
                                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                                X