No announcement yet.

3Dsmax 2010 is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This new interface... After some hour, a beautiful headache !

(*) In my opinion, we must use in, obviously, in vertical position, due to our wide screen monitor.
    (*). This type of interface is for newbie, not for professional. We need something like... "Advance Interface", with little button and more compact interface (try example from old Polyboost interface, please).
    (*). Too much free space. Space are money!
    (*). Old Polyboost UI is 1/4 size.
    (*). Ok, I can create my toolbar, but... I repeat, we need a compact UI, not duplicate tool, in the command pannel and in the Graphite UI.
    (*). I can't see the minimize Icon, if the tool is in vertical position.
    (*). In the Command pannel there are tools that in Ribbon there aren't and vice-versa.

This is my impression. Yours?

Last edited by cecofuli; 01-04-2009, 04:39 PM.
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

I search right now on the Area some opinion

LINK

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

MY opinion, Office 2007 sucks, Autocad 2009... took me a while to find my way through the stupid new interface but finally was able to change it to classic view, haven't installed 2010 yet but I don't think I'm gonna like it..does the graphite bar float? atleast maybe I can push over to the 2nd monitor. whoever is pushing the "usibility" of these new interfaces should be shot, well atleast fired...
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Rerender, if you want, we talk about the new interface here

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=6&t=748720

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Originally posted by cecofuli View Post
            This new interface... After some hour, a beautiful headache !

(*) In my opinion, we must use in, obviously, in vertical position, due to our wide screen monitor.
            (*). This type of interface is for newbie, not for professional. We need something like... "Advance Interface", with little button and more compact interface (try example from old Polyboost interface, please).
            (*). Too much free space. Space are money!
            (*). Old Polyboost UI is 1/4 size.
            (*). Ok, I can create my toolbar, but... I repeat, we need a compact UI, not duplicate tool, in the command pannel and in the Graphite UI.
            (*). I can't see the minimize Icon, if the tool is in vertical position.
            (*). In the Command pannel there are tools that in Ribbon there aren't and vice-versa.

This is my impression. Yours?
            I agree. Please post this on the Area and forward to your reseller... if enough of us complain they might take notice.
            Patrick Macdonald
            Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

On CGTalk I'm a little "evil", but, unfortunately, it's the true
              How do you this is possible solver that problem? Custom Quadmenu, custom toolbars? Scripted UI?

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the ribbon either ... but it seems to be slowly creeping up on every single Autodesk product. I like the Adobe CS4 interface. I think it's a lot more efficient and customizable than the "ribbon". I really like the fact that you can see or have open several different tabs, unlike the ribbon which only allows for one at a time, making me have to be flipping through tabs to get functions which should be side by side.

Comment

what about viewports dockable menus?
                  that would definetely be a nice thing...for a change!
                  Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                  nuno@ene-digital.com
                  00351 917593145

Comment

wahay!.........another complete waste of money for us all.
                    lumbering unstable buggy .......
                    Immersive media - design and production
                    http://www.felixdodd.com/
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/felixdodd/

Comment

Each and every Graphite Tool is available as a macroscript...go aead and disect it as you see fit (dont really like the ribbon either).

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                        Each and every Graphite Tool is available as a macroscript...go aead and disect it as you see fit (dont really like the ribbon either).
                        really? /me waits for someone to redo the UI in a nice compact manner.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Oh, yes. All tools are available in Macro manners (like in PB). So, you can recreate the good, fast, stable, static, compact old Polyboost tollbar. Follow my discussion on CGTalk

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

what is this ribbon you are all talking of?
                            anyway view cube is still my favorite...i mean come on it has occlusion shadow!
                            Dmitry Vinnik
                            Silhouette Images Inc.
                            ShowReel:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Ok, i think that the only solution is to re-write the all Ribbon UI to re-create the old Polyboost UI:

(*) Ribbon with static UI. If I change the sub-object the UI don't must change.
                              (*) Ribbon with only the tools not available in the Command pannel.
                              (*) Ribbon with tooltip button. So, if I need it i click that icon to help me.
                              (*) Ribbon with only icon button. I don't need Icon+Icon description.

I hope to see a new ModelingRibbon.xaml on Scriptspot soon . For now I still use 3ds max 2009 + PB UI.

Morbid: see my thread on CGTalk

Bye

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

My God you guys are whingers! What about the cool new features? The material explorer and containers? Better support of C#/.NET? I mean come on!

Comment

Working...
                                X