VRay contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psy
    is it really fair to steal/use another forums comps?
    I saw an American university use this for a cad assignment, same source files, same reference images (including the fR render) and they even stated that 2 day views and 2 night views are required for submission, exactly like the CGArchitect challenge. I thought universities were real big on plageurism?

I did the CGArchitect challenge too.

I thought my images were pretty good, but I didn't get many votes

http://www.argo.net.au/philipad/main...sa_Gaspar1.jpg

http://www.argo.net.au/philipad/main...sa_Gaspar2.jpg
    www.blindleader.tk

Comment

Hi João, I think that Mies Pavilion is great for this also. I ve already start doing a model, before this and I think would be great if can had some textures for this too, since you are very close to it

Also a voluntear for the statue would be great

Gonçalo

Comment

Originally posted by Dogzilla
        I thought universities were real big on plageurism?
        Some universities are, my university takes our work and puts it thru a huge computer database looking for plagarism. Doesn't mean that joe schmoe community college has such high standardds.

Thank you so very much for mass generalizing.
        5 years and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by Psy
          Thank you so very much for mass generalizing.
          well, a community college is not a university is it. I chose my words with care.

-------------------------------------------------------

bacelona pavilion would be great. I seem to remember someone involved with the bp virtual tour posting some stuff on CGArchitect a while back. I think the posted an untextured model. Off to search...
          www.blindleader.tk

Comment

Originally posted by GoncaloP
            Hi João, I think that Mies Pavilion is great for this also. I ve already start doing a model, before this and I think would be great if can had some textures for this too, since you are very close to it

Gonçalo
            Ok, I could look at the textures, but will have to borrow a digital camera first.
            Or I can take some traditional (film, remember?) pictures and scan it later, just as people at Stack Studios do. A guy from the staff told me that they don't use digital cams, 'cause they don't like the purple halo that comes with the images.
            But for modelling the statue... That would be hard, I've no expereience in box modelling, nor photogrametry. Any hints?

Regards,
            Joao.

Comment

And I said some universities do care, some does not mean all, and while my example centered on my university and a community college, does not mean that only community colleges are lax on such things.

Choose your words carefully, but read carefully as well.
              5 years and counting.

Comment

but...hey...who will be the jury for the contest ?

Comment

who else but the programmers themself hehehehe

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Gonçalo

Do you have a photo reference? I don't see it on that site you posted
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

never mind, I found it, I was hoping it was a little more abstract

I may give it a try though.
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

The Pavilion would be great!

Many thanks to Gonçalo and RErender for working on the modeling, and Joao on the textures.

I suppose there would be some barcelona armchairs as well ...

Joao, would you mind providing some photographs of the Pavilion itself, just to have them as a comparision basis?

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

Originally posted by Nenad
                          The Pavilion would be great!

Many thanks to Gonçalo and RErender for working on the modeling, and Joao on the textures.

I suppose there would be some barcelona armchairs as well ...

Joao, would you mind providing some photographs of the Pavilion itself, just to have them as a comparision basis?

Regards,

Nenad
                          Yes, sure I could take these pictures as well, just let me have some time to do it, probably next weekend, but depends if I get some work to do at home... My lens is not so good (Nikkor 28-80G F3.5-5.6), so we could see some cromatic aberration in the textures. If someone could helpme to treat the textures would be excellent.

Regards,
                          J.

Comment

What should be the format of the scene?

Gonçalo

Comment

a max5 file for v5 ppl, and if possible a max4 file, but if not, then release it to everyone as either a dxf or a 3ds.

what we need is an equal mesh format for all. that is, v5 ppl getting a max5 file and everyone else receiving a 3ds file where everything is triangulated.
                              5 years and counting.

Comment

What should be the format of the scene?

Gonçalo
                                IMHO, MAX 3 or 4, for the sake of compatibility.

So everybody can participate.
                                What do you think?
                                J.

Comment

Working...
                                X