No announcement yet.

UVW unwrapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never installed 2013, but I installed Max Design 2014 last week, and XrayUnwrap 1.5.5 works perfectly.

Comment

yep, it does work on 2014. I guess there was a problem specifically with 2013, but it's all good now.

Comment

Old thread I know but would you guys still recommend Xrayunwrap still ? Is it a one click solution for arch vis geometry for example ? I'm assuming organic unwrapping would be more involved.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

It's very good and it's so cheap there's no thought involved. It pretty much works the same was as the normal max unwrap, it's just that the algorithm that does the unwrapping is way way better.

Comment

Cheers. I'll give it a go for that price.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Is there anything like a "one click" unwrap?
              It would be nice a software that let's you choose the side you don't care much about, and then it does the rest automatically.
              Guido.

Comment

Yeah that's how most of them work now, zbrush being the most similar to what you're asking - you paint areas on the mesh where you allow it to break edges and then it chooses the best layout possible. Likewise with headus uvlayout, xray unwrap and roadkill you select the edges along which you'll allow the unwrap to split and they'll unwrap the mesh with the smallest amount of stretching possible.

Comment

Cool. I have to try it
                  Thanks man.
                  Guido.

Comment

Working...
                  X