No announcement yet.

Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 40" Phillips BDM4065UC 4K PC monitor and have similar issues to you, Bobby. When Max is maximised the lag is unbearable, when Max's window takes half of my screen it works perfectly fine. I knew that Max's UI won't scale like Photoshop's does and for that reason I went with a 40" monitor as opposed to 32" or 30".
    I run my monitor on DisplayPort too, from what I know that is far better than HDMI. I always use Nutrious driver, by the way.
    There was a petition on Autodesk web-site (one of the user requested ones) for a proper 4K monitor support which I filled in recently (for the first time by the way, that is how annoying this thing is to me).
    I have no idea what is causing this issue, whether is the hardware, driver or Max but I do suspect one thing- Autodesk won't bring 4K monitor support to Max for some more time. These monitors are just not mainstream and Autodesk will be too busy integrating useful features in Max....like adding a third Undo/Redo set of buttons.

Comment

I stumbled across keeping MAX's window at about 1920 x 1080 by accident, but it solved my issues, too. I posted something to an Autodesk forum and I got some smug answer like, "it's not something that Autodesk is worried about and nobody uses a 4K monitor, anyway". Mind you, I have been reading dozens of posts about people purchasing Surface's and not being able to use MAX. I even read a post about a larger firm upgrading all their monitors to 4K just to find out MAX will no longer work. The maddening thing is there is no recourse and nowhere else to go.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

It's not some obscure request, it's messing with people's livelihood. Sometimes I think these big software companies forget that people make a living using their software and they can't be so nonchalant about things. I think prices are coming down so much, so fast, it would be dumb not to go with a 4K screen. Also, all these hybrids and laptops come with high resolution screens and most people are replacing their desktop with a Surface type machine. Autodesk is wrong and if they don't release 4k support in 2017, there better be an outcry from their subscribers.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Sorry to hear that Autodesk has such attitude toward this problem. It's a pipe dream but maybe the upcoming DX12 with the new gen graphic cards will help Nitrous cope better with full blown 3840x2160 UI. I absolutely have no hopes Autodesk will support 4K in Max for at least 1-2 more years. I hope I am wrong though...
          Oh well, that is the price we pay for being early adopters I guess

Comment

Let me start by saying I have no great love for AD but they are working on the 4K problem, I know this as I'm also on the beta for it...

As for the mouse lag Ive seen that for a few years now and usually its from using an HDMI cable on a large monitor. I think I have the same monitor as you Bobby, as well as a 2.5K 27" screen beside it and those are running off of a GTX980 and connected through Displayport to the 4K and DVI to the 2.5K screen and no lag at all in max, PS or games in full screen or otherwise on the 4K.
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

The lag might be a driver thing. NVIDIA says that their drivers support 4K, however, MAX doesn't. The tiny icons is what is killing it for most people. I really don't know what is going to happen if 17 doesn't support scaling. The Surface Pro 4 was marketed towards architect and engineers and I know dozens who purchased one. I have read dozens of post about people on their high resolution laptop screens not being able to use MAX.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                The lag might be a driver thing. NVIDIA says that their drivers support 4K, however, MAX doesn't. The tiny icons is what is killing it for most people. I really don't know what is going to happen if 17 doesn't support scaling. The Surface Pro 4 was marketed towards architect and engineers and I know dozens who purchased one. I have read dozens of post about people on their high resolution laptop screens not being able to use MAX.
                Well like I mentioned on my desktop I have no lag when using the display port cable running max at full 4K resolution and have had the DP connected on my laptop as well and running at 4K with no lag on a 970M chip.
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I am using the DisplayPort, too. It might be my card, but I am fine with MAX 1/2 screen for now.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Horrific screen lag is gone and it works full screen - new machine with new 6GB card. Life is good.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                      Apparently now, you can't use MAX on the SurfaceBook
                      Is this true? I purchased a Surface Pro 4 a few days ago (not Surface Book.) I installed Max on it and set the manifest. It seems to run fine but I haven't actually tried to do any work in it.

I don't think I will be able to do anything substantial with Max on the Surface Pro as it is using an integrated Iris 540 graphics card, but I am hoping to be able to use it to help set cameras and other simple tasks.
                      Last edited by crazy homeless guy; 09-04-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The manifest is a waste of time, it only seems to work the first time you launch MAX. There seems to be another fix people are using. You might want to search the Autodesk forum and search specifiacally for the Surface. For me, with my new machine, there is no lag. However, the icons are tiny.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X