Max 2017 SP2 is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
    I don't have over 64 cores. I checked my logs and there are no errors. I haven't had a single issue until SP2, which I installed yesterday. I am removing it now; I'll see what happens.
    I would assume they mean virtual cores, in which case you do.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I don't have over 64 cores. I checked my logs and there are no errors. I haven't had a single issue until SP2, which I installed yesterday. I am removing it now; I'll see what happens.
      I open the event viewer on a demo machine running Max and Windows 10 at another booth and it had like 50,000 errors. The rep chuckled when I pointed it out and said good to know it not just our system.
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

This is what I am seeing. The error is Microsoft's search and it's the same as far as search. The system log has some Microsoft Search Errors and some Memory Warnings, which I'll have to look into.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	862855
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Uninstalling SP2 didn't fix anything. I am going to merge things into a new scene. Maybe, it has nothing to do with SP2.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is what I am seeing. The error is Microsoft's search and it's the same as far as search. The system log has some Microsoft Search Errors and some Memory Warnings, which I'll have to look into.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31677[/ATTACH]
            The Microsoft's search error happens every time you use the search box it crashes and restarts and sometimes freezes the start menu for several seconds until it recovers, it also produces the system error at the same time. There is also a process called RuntimeBroker.exe that will gradually increase CPU usage and cause havoc in Max. Once I crashed it MAX became responsive again for a few hours then it creeps back up and slows Max down until I crashed it again and again.
            Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Yes. I have read all about the search issues in Windows 10. I am very aware of runtimebroker.exe, unfortunately, and I have been talking about it here for months. I thought I was alone because no one ever replied to them. When I start having dialog boxes not close in MAX that is the first thing I kill.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Ouch, no version of Ivy Generator for 2017 yet?

Comment

And no flopitor? Now I'm really starting to wonder if it was a bad move to go to 2017....

Comment

I reached out to him a month ago and he said he'll have it in a week. Guess not.
                    Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
                    Ouch, no version of Ivy Generator for 2017 yet?
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Yes. I have read all about the search issues in Windows 10. I am very aware of runtimebroker.exe, unfortunately, and I have been talking about it here for months. I thought I was alone because no one ever replied to them. When I start having dialog boxes not close in MAX that is the first thing I kill.
                      I believe it's a Windows 10 issue with running over 64 threads. Try disabling hyperthreading in the BIOS for a bit, not that it a solution but for me it confirmed the thread count was the root of the issues with the search box. I didn't test this long enough but there is a regedit that will bring back the windows 7 picture viewer and it seemed to fix the runtimebroker.exe CPU usage.

Since then I gave up and went back to windows 7 having to tweak the OS to play nice was to much trouble I would solve one thing and find another one giving me problems.
                      Thomas A. Edison

Comment

My machine never had Windows 7, so it would be a fresh install. Like I said, removing SP2 didn't help, so I reinstalled it. I merged and it is still not working. Now, when I hide everything in the scene, the scene flies. I bet I can turn on/off until I find out what is actually causing the issue. I would hate to turn off multithreading. How much speed hit would I take?
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I rely heavily on layers, so I turned off things until something speed up the screen. It was taking 15 seconds between each selection until I turned off my tree layer. There is nothing special or heavy about the tree layer. I have 5 trees and the are proxies.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
                            And no flopitor? Now I'm really starting to wonder if it was a bad move to go to 2017....
                            Good thing you warned me. I was about to try 2017 in a few weeks. Flopitor is kind of important.
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

My machine never had Windows 7, so it would be a fresh install. Like I said, removing SP2 didn't help, so I reinstalled it. I merged and it is still not working. Now, when I hide everything in the scene, the scene flies. I bet I can turn on/off until I find out what is actually causing the issue. I would hate to turn off multithreading. How much speed hit would I take?
                              My experience was not the viewport had lag it was the UI itself with all the lag. Just clicking on tabs and opening and closing dialog boxes was super laggy and would become almost unusable. I'm not sure how much of a performance loss disabling hyperthreading would be I really didn't test it. I'd much rather have the performance and stability of Windows 7 than 10. I didn't realize how bad 10 was for me until I went back to 7 it was like night and day.

The Intel Xeon Rep did say that Windows 10 has a big update coming and could have some of these issues resolved.
                              Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I heard about the update, hopefully soon. My trees were not the issue because it's 15 seconds for every move again, which is totally strange because it was just working fine for about 15 minutes. It might be a physical camera thing because I can't expose my camera now. Explain this crap?

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDiu3oiEqv
                                Bobby Parker
                                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...