Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD Maintenance plans look like being phased out.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that there is opensource VRay for blender and Houdini. Another nail in autodesk coffin
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

here is a point to point reading of the funny adsk letter
      https://youtu.be/sN4GAScoPM0?t=2540
      Alessandro

Comment

Originally posted by zeronove View Post
        here is a point to point reading of the funny adsk letter
        https://youtu.be/sN4GAScoPM0?t=2540
        Lol, that guy just wrecked ADSK. Exactly how I felt reading this FU email I got from ADSK.
        Last edited by Alex_M; 19-03-2017, 09:43 AM.
        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
          Lol, that guy just wrecked ADSK. Exactly how I felt reading this FU email I got from ADSK.
          "if you want to f%$# me, know my name" priceless
          Luke Szeflinski
          :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Okay, this move to subscriptions only by AutoDesk is causing quite a stir on other forums (no surprises !) - and over the weekend whilst reading on LinkedIn, during such a discussion I learned about a piece of software I'd never heard of before, BricsCAD, a much cheaper alternative to that other monopoly of AutoDesk's...... AutoCAD.

So I thought I'd take a look and download a trial copy (as I own AutoCAD LT 2016 and had cancelled my subscription around 2 years ago).

Once opened, my immediate reactions were that it looked incredibly similar to AutoCAD, and was a lot lot faster in use (viewports are blazingly zippy).

The price is to own outright, around $640 iirc, and just a $200 a year maintence. I can't complain with any of that.

However, what was interesting was the PDF that they email you a link to, that PDF if over 300pages and about the transition for ACAD users making the leap to their software - it's beautifully written and incredibly easy to read.

BUT.... it was this GEM that was written on their pages 14-15 of that document which really made me finally realise that we (i.e. us Users) are not alone in how we feel about AutoDesk (well, those of us who are old enough to know their antics !).

So please read the pages 14/15 I've uploaded (particularly how they outline AutoDesk's past history regarding putting software to EOL) - I personally think it's fantastic that there are companies out there who've got balls and write like this about the GREEDY MONSTER that is AutoDesk !

Click image for larger version

Name:	BricsCADV17ForAutoCADusers-en_INTL-P1415.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	544.2 KB
ID:	867113
            Last edited by JezUK; 20-03-2017, 04:10 AM.
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Good read. Too bad they dont offer Brics3ds or something like that
              http://gamma22.com/
              https://www.facebook.com/gamma22com/
              https://gumroad.com/gamma22

Comment

Originally posted by eligiusz View Post
                Good read. Too bad they dont offer Brics3ds or something like that
                I would be all over that the industry needs to give AD a good kick in the giggle-berries
                Cheers,
                -dave
                â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m.../idi-p/6970221
                  Maxscript made easy....
                  davewortley.wordpress.com
                  Follow me here:
                  facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

I put my .02 in, hopefully AD can pull their collective heads out of their butts and listen to the users.
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
                      I put my .02 in, hopefully AD can pull their collective heads out of their butts and listen to the users.
                      Me too - just now
                      Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

I'm targeting their upper management... got one of their CEOs tagged on LinkedIn... woops...
                        Maxscript made easy....
                        davewortley.wordpress.com
                        Follow me here:
                        facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

just voted
                          Alessandro

Comment

Voted here too. Don't have high hopes of this changing anything though. ADSK isn't the type of company that listens to their customers even if they pretend they are. At this point what's important is to make the most amount of noise possible. What comes of this we can only guess.
                            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

I am already making plans to move from these big software companies (Autodesk and Adobe) - once they get too big, we know how they behave. They all pretty much do it - in fact, they make Microsoft look like the good guys
                              Jez

Comment

JezUK

Out of interest, what software are you looking at to replace 3DS Max. This will be the last year I pay for my maintenance plan
                                and I have no plans of going onto subscription, just can't afford it. So I guess I need to start learning an new 3D package but
                                there are quiet a few choices, what would be the easiest package to transition to from 3DS Max ?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X