Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD Maintenance plans look like being phased out.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have prices gone up already? I've just had a quote for 1yr maintenance and it have gone up 35% from last year!!??? FFS! Could anyone confirm what they are paying in the UK?
    2016 430+
    2017 580+
    ???
    Last edited by ior=0; 07-03-2017, 05:09 AM.
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

That's for a full year ? It's very cheap compared to France. I just paid 858€ (744 £) to renew my maintenance, that's +10% compared to 2016.

mekene

Comment

I was aware that there should have been a 10% increase from last year but 35% seems crazy, but maybe I was getting it cheap already and I shouldn't complain... but 35% come on!
        You'd have though it would be a set, known and given price for the yearly maintenance but it seems that is variable too!!
        Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
        I need a new signature
        --

Comment

Originally posted by ior=0 View Post
          I was aware that there should have been a 10% increase from last year but 35% seems crazy, but maybe I was getting it cheap already and I shouldn't complain... but 35% come on!
          You'd have though it would be a set, known and given price for the yearly maintenance but it seems that is variable too!!
          Your math is wrong. Sorry to say this but the increase is 38.6%, not 35%. You can't just add up the percentages, it's not how it works. The increase is cumulative. Read my post here to understand why.
          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

My Max renewal in January was £610 + VAT

Comment

I pay quarterly and it has gone up each quarter. It hasn't gone up much, but each time it has gone up enough to notice.

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
              Your math is wrong. Sorry to say this but the increase is 38.6%, not 35%. You can't just add up the percentages, it's not how it works. The increase is cumulative. Read my post here to understand why.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Green View Post
                My Max renewal in January was £610 + VAT
                Agree, same sort of price just been quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                  Alex_M my math is fine, that isn't what I was talking about.
                  Last year I paid £430+VAT for 1 yr maintenance plan (may subs "plan" runs out in April) - this year the quote is £580 (which is approximately a 34.9% increase) I have it in a reseller email from this time last year that the price will only be going up 10%.

However speaking to more resellers the RRP maintenance plan is £610 with resellers able to give up to 18.5% discount if you are on their books 3 months before your "plan" ends.

Make sure you ask for a discount if you are loyal to your reseller.
                  Simon

I need a new signature
                  --

Comment

I paid £525 +VAT in June 2016 with BlueGFX, so Autodesk have clearly hiked the price again since then.
                    -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

content removed ...oops!
                      Last edited by ior=0; 08-03-2017, 04:16 AM.
                      Simon

I need a new signature
                      --

Comment

found a video I remembered from the first max version I have ever used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8azQEceSJo

20 years ago !!!

Anyone else or it's just me that started watching MODO tutorials
                        Last edited by lukx; 08-03-2017, 11:56 PM.
                        Luke Szeflinski
                        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

FYI, I saw this petition a few days ago, it's the first time I read something like that....

Autodesk: Change their business plan
                          https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...rm=FQzOab%2Ben
                          (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by rikou View Post
                            FYI, I saw this petition a few days ago, it's the first time I read something like that....

Autodesk: Change their business plan
                            https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...rm=FQzOab%2Ben
                            Signed.. "Funny" how the links in the bottom no longer works.
                            www.suurland.com
                            www.cg-source.com
                            www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Originally posted by suurland View Post
                              Signed.. "Funny" how the links in the bottom no longer works.
                              I was just about to post it as well... Crazy did AD remove them or something?
                              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal) View Post
                                I was just about to post it as well... Crazy did AD remove them or something?
                                They moved all threads related to the price and license changes from the main Max forum to their "Installation and licensing" subforum, that's why the links don't work anymore.

Yes, there's now a petition going on around the internet about this whole thing which is to be delivered to Autodesk. If you care to participate, you can sign it here.

There's also an open letter on Linkedin.
                                Last edited by Alex_M; 09-03-2017, 08:40 AM.
                                Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                                AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Working...
                                X