Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD Maintenance plans look like being phased out.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my subscription renewal email this morning, ?715 inc vat just for 3DS Max, waiting for the Revit LT suite one to come through any day now.
    I was going to keep my maintenance going this year while I train myself up on C4D, but I'm not paying that, not after the shite that was Max 2017,
    I'll get my version of Max 2018 in the 12th and use that for as long as I can. There are other things I'd like to say about autodesk but I just cant be arsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveC View Post
      I just got my subscription renewal email this morning, ?715 inc vat just for 3DS Max, waiting for the Revit LT suite one to come through any day now.
      I was going to keep my maintenance going this year while I train myself up on C4D, but I'm not paying that, not after the shite that was Max 2017,
      I'll get my version of Max 2018 in the 12th and use that for as long as I can. There are other things I'd like to say about autodesk but I just cant be arsed.
      F*** that.

You can get C4D for 1150GBP I think, (plus VAT).....

I was thinking the same as you Steve.

I'm still using 2014, though have 2017 installed as well. 2017 seems stable-ish, though I was getting a stupid fatal error I couldn't be arsed with, so switched back to 14.

So, I've been paying since '14, approximately ?1600..... and I'm still using '14.....

My logic is the same as you - I could simply get 2018 (my renewal is in August) - don't pay anymore and use that for 3 years (saving myself 2500GBP approximately over 3 years).

That'll easily pay for my C4D AND if I ever want to 'upgrade' to 3DS Max 2020, I'll pay the rental (and just use it on a per monthly basis).

It's a leap of faith but there are many people who use C4D and they can't all be struggling (or is it just as bad regarding bugs/updates etc for them too ?).
      Last edited by JezUK; 07-04-2017, 02:07 AM.
      Jez

------------------------------------
      3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
      Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
      ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• I just informed Excitech I won't be renewing any of my autodesk maintenance plans.

I've had the demo of C4d on my PC for a week or so now and so far so good, only thing I find
        odd is that the Z axis in C4D is the Y axis, but I can live with that.

The demo has a few restrictions on it, but nothing that will stand in the way of learning the
        software and it's not time limited, but you also have the option of activating the demo for
        42 days to get rid of the limitations temporarily. I'm just using the Cineversity tutorials to
        learn the software at the moment, to learn the basics and my way around C4D. Can always
        look for more specialized tuts when I need to.

Comment

• I've just found out this old post from adsk competitor
          https://www.bentley.com/en/perspecti...pgrade-program
          it's worth reading, some good points there
          Last edited by zeronove; 10-04-2017, 06:14 AM.
          Alessandro

Comment

Working...
          X