No announcement yet.

VRay.info T-shirt: call for ideas for v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jojo7077: yep, that is the teapot. I saw there was one for sale on ebay a few weeks ago actually It looks taller than the one in max because they originally used the teapot on a framebuffer with a weird pixel aspect ratio, so they modeled it squashed to make it look right on the screen.

For the T-pot shirts I posted earlier I was thinking of doing solid white printing for the teapot shape, then overprinting the shading and the shadow in black using either a halftone or stochastic screen.

Examples:

Both will be finer detailed than this, so the printed image will look like shading and you won't see the dots until you get really close.

The white base color printing should look great on a white shirt even, since you will get a change in texture and reflectivity where the ink is. Same with the shadow on a dark shirt.
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

This is the page to the history of the Utah teapot: http://sjbaker.org/teapot/

/Thomas
      www.suurland.com
      www.cg-source.com
      www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

shirt...

Egz,

I really like the first image of the more traditional dot halftone. What you've done looks very nice.

BTW...the Baker teapot site is still missing...

Comment

Very Cool stuff!! Great idea
          I am late getting on the T-shirt ban-wagon, I just saw this post today but i would buy one once they are complete and possible more for my group, When do you think you will print them? i have not seen your last design was it posted here on the site somewhere?
          Ohh my 2 cents about the design...teapots are always cool...I also like the idea of the term "Fanboy" espically since on this site people are always arguing with each other. Fanboys verses losers (haha just kidding) but it does make it a great forum to read. Hey it is all over everyones avatars it should be on the shirt too.
          Again cool stuff

Comment

I'd buy the teapot too...

Comment

yeah I'd definatly go for the teapot shirt.....I like the white teapot on the red shirt the best....it stands out really nice.....buy white teapot on blues shirt would be great as well.

and adding a small vray logo on the teapot would be great too

the traditional half tone teapot is also a great idea...

Comment

New shirts are available:
                http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=12081

Comment

How about ascii art instead of halftone. the image could be made up of tiny vray words?
                  Signing out,
                  Christian

Comment

ASCII art is a good idea! We'll look into that!

Comment

for image conversion to text, have a look at this site;

www.text-image.com

pretty cool idea!
                      when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

let me be a troll.... what about this design:

Egz this is a shirtdesign which could be in some years still "actual"

gg
                        www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

LOL
                          =:-/
                          Laurent

Comment

Good one!!

Comment

Working...
                            X