No announcement yet.

maxwell Render - first facts and screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(...)What do you mean with an extra light to fake the skylight illumination ?
    Well you can use a vraylight as skylight portal but you donĀ“t have to.

cheers
    I believe he was refering to the fact that most time, people use Vray lights and not as skylight portals but as simple fill lights at windows when rendering ineriors. And I must agree that, without them, the results are far from being as detailed. But obviously, Vray is extremely fast even with those fill lights.

Comment

2 flino2004

is FR faster than vray for glossy reflections and glossy refractions?

thanks in advance
      Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

For the same Scene, fR bring in more light than Vray with less bounces...for this reason you can see hight values in Color Mapping, lights and skylight plus this aditional lights in every windows......the shadows in vray are not definided as fR on the corners....Vray has much better displacement and I also love the area light.
        I can render the same maxwell scene (teapots) with more a better quality than the vray image (11 min) in about 5(min)....on the other hand I had a exterior renderings and vray was 4 times faster than fR.....I am saying both are great tools....sometimes one is faster than the other one, there is not rule about it....for this reason I use both and i am very happy with them.
        I'll get Maxwell for sure because is accurate, I'd like to see the true (illumination) no, photorealistic fake illumination for design issues....there different approaches under the CG world

Pengo in glossy reflections are very similar but in refraction Vray is faster
        show me the money!!

Comment

I can render the same maxwell scene (teapots) with more a better quality than the vray image (11 min) in about 5(min)...
          Can you please post both images? I'd like to see how much detailed fR gets in 5min for that scene...

Comment

Originally posted by Nenad
            I believe he was refering to the fact that most time, people use Vray lights and not as skylight portals but as simple fill lights at windows when rendering ineriors. And I must agree that, without them, the results are far from being as detailed. But obviously, Vray is extremely fast even with those fill lights.
            Well of course a background with a simple color doesnĀ“t enlight to much.
            (A Vray light has a default multiplier of 30 a simple background color a multiplier of max. 1)
            But does FR has a special (photometric) skylight for that ?
            However all you need to do in vray to get it strong enough is either
            to use the skylight in the rendering dialog and turn up itĀ“s multiplier
            (from my experience values from 5 to 10 produce quite realistic results)
            or you put a multiplier map into your environment slot and set the rgb
            multiplier to a higher value. This also works perfect in conjuction with
            a photometric max sunlight. Everything else is just a question of exposure control.

cheers

Comment

Yeah, usually when somebody shows a fast fR scene there is no AA and some some fake looking GI, please post your 5 min example.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

there is always a way to become slower. But, faster? Never seen that.
                LOL. The wise man has spoken!
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I'll make some testing today, but my point is fR is not slow as some people think and Maxwell will be a good tool for Architects and designers...Cebas and Chaos say that there are physically accurate...in theory they are, but who you can get a real skylight and sun illumination without settings for those conditions...maybe they work accurate if you have a room without natural light, just IES luminaries.
                  I read that Radiosity has a better approach than GI...anybody knows how many bounces do you need to get a natural and correct illumination?
                  I know the most part of the people here are CG artists...but this topic from my point of view is more a natural simulation issue.....Vlado should be know more than us about that.

Samuel..fr doesn't have photometric information for the skylight...fR is not accurate either.
                  show me the money!!

Comment

I already have some images with fR (3:41- 4:2 .....somebody knows where can I upload them?

Thanks!!
                    show me the money!!

Comment

• Try http://www.imageuploader.net

Comment

• www.imageshack.us

works super fine !

Comment

• Thanks guys for the links!!!

I'll post the other ones late today...the images are too yellow, I did the three last renderings with a lighter material...they look much better than the other ones.

show me the money!!

Comment

• Well, the other images are done with QMC brute force for primary bounces. They can be done a lot faster and less grainy in VRay by using another method. The point of the other tests was to compare brute force methods.
                            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

• I don't want to say which engine is better because I use both plug-ins ( but they are better than MR & Brazil )...just, fR is not slow, actually is pretty fast ...Yesterday I did several test and I get one end 1min 20seg, but the quality wasn't good enough to post it...I'll play a little more with fR's settings , my goal is trying to have something decent in 3 min or less with fR and Vray.....but decent doesn't mean physical correct as Maxwell wants to do.
                              show me the money!!

Comment

• Could post the scene? Link is broken

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X