No announcement yet.

Getting that airy, light look for interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to assure myself if LUT can access and modify more information then Camera Raw. And I guess it cannot?
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

Comment

• Well, if you use LUT in VFB, it might use more color information than camera raw since it works on the 32bit input and CR does not. But I am not sure about that. Does anybody know?
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com
      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

• depends on adjustment in CR. LUT can only change one pixel value to another. CR does so much more.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

• What I wondered is, if we only compare colour corrections, is a lut in VfB better than in PS (or rather colour editing in Camera raw)? Because we're working in 32bit
          ​​​​​
          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

• 16 bits of colour is plenty. even for hdr data 16 bit half float exr is more that enough I think for what we do. if you are compositing stuff in nuke than it’s a different story.

camera raw can no longer access hdr data, right? that changed like two years ago.

VFB and PS are applying luts in a different manner. do not know why and how to change it. do not worry which is better, pick one that makes your life easier and fits the workflow better.
            Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

• I use LUTs in VFB and dont care about anything else - until I can apply them in Capture One, where I do my post work for simplicity and sake of organisation and outputting.
              But it would certainly be interesting if applying an LUT on 32bit data would differ from 8bit or 16bit...
              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

• from what I know (and I’m not a colorist) hdr data is fitted into 0-1 range before transformation from lut is applied.
                there are also multiple precision levels for luts.
                lut describes some number of values to be transformed and everything in between is extrapolated. open lut in notepad and you will get an idea.
                Marcin Piotrowski
                youtube

Comment

Working...
                X