No announcement yet.

Sampling and material Subdivs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no when using direct lights, the light rays are fired out into the scene form the light source, giving illumination values to surfaces (a vray light material also gives illumination to surfaces its applied to) the eye rays and secondary rays come from the camera in both cases, and then bounce round till they hit either a surface illuminated by a direct light source, or one illuminated its self with a vray light material. thats why more direct lighting means less work for GI calcs..

regarding your reflections needing more light subdivs im not sure. (do you mean the reflections of parts of the scene illuminated by the direct light, or the reflections of the light sources themselves? ) probably thats an aspect i dont understand yet either.

Comment

It's still doesn't make sense.

Lets say we have a pixel in the image thats being lit by direct light. Secondary rays are being calculated by the GI, so we don't need to worry about them. The vray sampler shoots a ray onto that pixel and sees that it's being lit by a vray light. The material subdivs decides how many secondary rays will be calculated for the reflection of that material. Why do I then need light subdivs to get a clean reflection?

I hope we get an answer to it super gnu
      http://www.cgpro.se - Portfolio

Comment

Working...
      X