No announcement yet.

Clouds, Horizons and VRay's Physical Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s0real which Vray version do you use? the scene refuses to open (errors) in my VIZ 2008 | Vray 1.5 setup...

Comment

hey.
      i'm still using rc3 at the moment.
      i'm getting a new machine (today with any luck...should have been a month ago, two weeks ago, yesterday, etc ) so didn't bother upgrading to final on my current machine.
      had the vray dongle sitting in my drawer for about three weeks!
      when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Every scene I try to open in VIZ2008 with Vray 1.5 (that was made with a previous version of Vray) errors, the only way to go is merging... very annoying (and off topic... sorry guys )

Comment

Originally posted by Fear-factoR
          Every scene I try to open in VIZ2008 with Vray 1.5 (that was made with a previous version of Vray) errors, the only way to go is merging... very annoying (and off topic... sorry guys )
          I've made a note of this and I'm looking into it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for explanation

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
              Originally posted by Fear-factoR

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I have had similar problems, but many times it will open with the "legacy switch" dialog on the second attempt. I have also had more success opening the files through windows explorer rather than through VIZ. It gave me trouble every time for a short while, but it has been working pretty well for a few weeks now.
              Ben Steinert
              pb2ae.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                great! thanks!
                Originally posted by beestee
                I have had similar problems, but many times it will open with the "legacy switch" dialog on the second attempt. I have also had more success opening the files through windows explorer rather than through VIZ. It gave me trouble every time for a short while, but it has been working pretty well for a few weeks now.
                I've had some success with first merging the file and than opening it with the "legacy switch", but in most cases VIZ just crashes... the majority of my files are VIZ2005 versions and opening them in 2008 (made the switch recently) doesn't help... besides the fact that they were made with a older version of Vray

Comment

oh dear. this doesn't bode well for me since i'm about to switch over to a new machine with viz 2007 + vray rc3 to viz2008 + vray 1.5...

i need to be able to use a lot of my old files so this would be a disaster for me if it's an issue!

is it bad enough that i should stick with the old machine for the time being?

sorry for going off topic but this has me worried big time!
                  when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Originally posted by s0real
                    oh dear. this doesn't bode well for me since i'm about to switch over to a new machine using viz 2007 with vray rc3 to viz2008 with vray 1.5...

i need to be able to use a lot of my old files so this would be a disaster for me if it's an issue!

is it bad enough that i should stick with the old machine for the time being?
                    I also switched to a new workstation and I made sure that VIZ2005 was installed again (with a mirror of all the settings, plugins, scripts, etc from the old workstation) together with 2008, so I still have VIZ2005 available for legacy purposes.

sorry for going off topic but this has me worried big time!
                    perhaps a mod can split the topic...

Comment

off topic

to Fear-factoR,

I've got similar problems (crash) with my viz2008 and old vray scenes.
                      I thought that it was someway related with the CC plugin (no plugin-no crash); another attemp I made was deleting 3dsviz.ini file to reset the interface, it seems stupid but works!
                      I've also write to CC forum without any useful answer
                      I'm running a quite clean machine with xp64, viz2008, vray1.5, cc plugin, polyboost, no other messy things.

to Vlado
                      let us know if you find that is someway vray related

a.
                      Alessandro

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        Here is my attempt with this:

Here is also the .max file:
                        http://www.spot3d.com/vray/images/st...uds/clouds.rar

I used VRaySphere objects for the earth and the clouds, but one can also use VRayPlane objects. The clouds map is also not the best possible...

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Hi Mr Vlado,

after i download your cluods scene, i am trying to re-produce it but cannot get the same result as you do do here, could you please share some step by step tutorials here, thanks in advance.

Regards,
                        Jackie
                        Best regards,
                        Jackie Teh
                        --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2.1 [6.20.06 build 00000]
                        AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
                        Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
                        YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

Working...
                        X