Manually deleted assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually deleted assets

I'm having trouble with some of my Cosmos Assets, any help would be appreciated...

So I noticed in my renderings that the leaves of a Cosmos asset (Loop Root Mangrove 002) was seemingly not rendering right. So I thought, probably mistakenly, that I could simply browse to the assets directory and delete the asset folder (under 3D_Models/Vegetation...) of the problem asset. I did this without realizing that there is a delete asset option that can be used directly from the cosmos interface. I tried using this method to delete the asset after I deleted it manually and got the message as shown in the "Problem Asset Delete" image attached. So, when I went to reload the asset, I only got a small 1in cube in my model when I tried to reinsert it. (see "Problem Asset Cube" image attached) Also, when I go to other files with this asset, that particular asset doesn't render in those files either.

Not sure if it helps to troubleshoot this, but I've also included a screen shot of what I see in my Asset Editor when I click on the problem asset...see "Problem Asset" image....there is a red check mark instead of a green one...I intuitively understand what a red check mark means - I assume it means that there is a problem with the asset - but there doesn't seem to be a way to click on it or or right click on it to rectify the issue....

I've tried the following after doing some research:

1) Uninstall and Reinstall the Cosmos Browser, no luck.
    2) Reinstall Vray, no luck.
    3) Logging out of the Cosmos Browser via the task manager, deleting the cpkg.dat file, restarting the Cosmos Browser....doing this replaced the cpkg.dat file, but didn't solve the problem.

After doing all of these things, the all of the other Cosmos Assets seem to be stable and functioning correctly, I just can't seem to find a way to get these manually deleted assets to re-download correctly....

I am using Vray 5.20.06 and SketchUp Pro 2022

Thanks
    Carl
    Attached Files

Dear Carl, hello.

Please be aware of some general Chaos Cosmos related advices described here.
    Besides deleting cpkg.db when performing a clean re-install, please be sure that the Lock folder is deleted too. It should be located in the directory chosen in Settings as Assets Download folder.
    We have received a similar request and this action helped the user to resolve the issue.

Are you using other host platform where Cosmos is available or SketchUp is the only one?

Please test on your side and give us feedback.
    Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Thanks Tsvetomira

I will try deleting the Lock folder as well…then report back.

I’m just using SketchUp.

Thanks

Comment

Hello I faced a problem with my cosmos browser; previously I downloaded my objects but whenever I want to import them, my objects turned into cubes. Any solutions?
        I am using VRay 3Ds Max 2024
        Attached Files

Comment

Dear dareen_khaled​, hello.

Welcome to Chaos Forums!
          This forum section is dedicated to Chaos Cosmos in V-Ray for SketchUp, but we will solve this out.
          Sharing with you to pay attention next time when you post.

In the additional message you have added the detail that you have deleted the downloaded assets directly from your OneDrive to save storage.
          Please pay attention that the right deletion is from the Cosmos browser itself, see here.

Now let's try to re-install Chaos Cosmos.

1. Uninstall Chaos Cosmos (from Control panel - Programs and Features).
          2. Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup and delete the ChaosCosmos folder if it is present.
          3. Open C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents and delete the ChaosCosmos folder if it is present.
          4. Open C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Chaos and delete the Cosmos folder if it is present.
          5. Download and install Chaos Cosmos from this here

If you have changed the Asset Download Folder (could be seen in Settings​), besides deleting cpkg.db when performing a clean re-install, please be sure that the Lock folder is deleted too, as advised in my previous post in this thread.

Please be aware that similar Chaos Cosmos issues could be investigated also by contacting us via our Help Center.
          Just choose Technical Assistance Starting the Product under Request Type.

Keep us posted about the result.

Best regards,
          TS
          Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
          3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X