No announcement yet.

Change default download destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for network destinations for the browser.

The assets themselves are just VRmesh files, right? Once downloaded (to wherever), presumably I can just manually copy the file wherever I want and then import it into 3ds Max the same way as I would any other VRmesh, right?

Comment

Hi Richard7666,
      we are working to provide support for network storage, will post updates on our progress here in the forum.
      As to your questions: it would be helpful to know more about what you are trying to achieve.

But you are right, the Cosmos models contain vrmesh files for storing geometries. They also have attached materials which are designed to match the geometry ids.

Best,
      Kalina Maneva
      Product Manager
      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Hi newzboy,
        To help localize this problem , please, send the Cosmos Browser cb.log to our support team for further investigation.
        You can find the cb.log file in this Windows directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup\ChaosCosmos
        You can send it to support on this link. Also, give link to this forum thread.
        Make sure to mention if you made any changes to your storage folder as well so that we understand the whole picture.

Thank you,
        Kalina Maneva
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

I just want to +1 for network storage/ download ... central network place... having the *.vrmesh-es stored locally has 0 value for us, since we have our own renderfarm and everything renders over the network.
          Will follow this thread for updates and hope to try it out using network features soon.

Comment

Hi bf_software ,

Work on this improvement is already in progress.
            We will keep you all posted on our progress here in the forum. Also, make sure to update your Cosmos Browser versions (we are constantly releasing updates).

Regards,
            Kalina Maneva
            Product Manager
            Chaos Cosmos

Comment

came here to find this is not working for network drives...
              quite an oversight IMO for such a useful tool for quickly blocking out basic materials fast

is there any reason for this limitation?

given the prices I would expect better. another rushed vray feature imo, cant reallt frame it any other way unfortunately.

Comment

Hi squintnic,
                Our team is working on a solution for this problem.
                Ability to use network drive storage will be released soon, and we will post an announcement in the forum when it is available.

Regards,
                Kalina Maneva
                Product Manager
                Chaos Cosmos

Comment

In the meantime while chaosgroup is implementing the feature I found a workaround which worked well for me: I work with Deadline Render Manager anyway -before scene submission go to the Assets Tab and select from a dropdown "Copy Local External File References to Repository". That will copy all needed local files automatically and all render machines have the needed textures and meshes...
                  3d artist at 3d-agentur deepframes.com

3d visualisations and 3d animation with a focus on product and technology communication

Comment

This thread is rather old now. Is there any support for network storage of assets in the current version?

Comment

Hi markus_s_cg,
                      We have delivered a support for storing files on network drive in May. Please, make sure that you are using a current version of Cosmos Browser and follow the instruction on this link:
                      https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...load+Directory

Regards,
                      - Kalina

Kalina Maneva
                      Product Manager
                      Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by kalina.maneva View Post
                        Hi markus_s_cg,
                        We have delivered a support for storing files on network drive in May. Please, make sure that you are using a current version of Cosmos Browser and follow the instruction on this link:
                        https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...load+Directory

Regards,
                        - Kalina
                        Great! Thank you Kalina!

Comment

Working...
                        X