No announcement yet.

Player CTD after 10 seconds running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I will ping you back when I have progress with this issue.

Comment

Hi, I've spend 2 whole days trying to reproduce this issue. It turned out that the player tries to connect to the telemetry server even if it isn't sending telemetry data. The error that you are receiving is because something on your PC is blocking the connection to it, probably firewall rule or your antivirus.
      I have compiled a version where there is no such connection initialized that should be usable by you. You could find it in the drive link below(chaosplayer_should_be_working.exe). Also if you have time you could install the other version in the link (chaosplayer_ssl_log.exe) which will log the network error so I could exactly now what exactly is causing it. The log will be in text format in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Chaos Player\errorLog.txt but will have to start the player as administrator to collect the log

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...z5UuxEFb8UDee7

Regards,
      Asen

Comment

Try/Catch for-the-win! This build works on our canary machine. I'll roll it out to some users to try.

As mentioned at the start, this environment is "air-gapped". So, yeah, several firewalls are in the way.

Comment

Nice, can you try installing chaosplayer_ssl_log.exe and give me the text from errorLog.txt when crash occurs, so we could eliminate this issue in the future.

Regards, Asen

Comment

Derp, I somehow missed your request to run that second installer. Here is the log file from that run. Looking at it, there's nothing in there. Re-running to see if I can get something to populate. I am running as Admin. Windows elevation prompt does come up.
            Attached Files

Comment

Log file is still empty.
              The debug window shows this assert:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ChaosPlayerAssert.png
Views:	72
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1168378
              For some reason I have to paste a snip. Your forum doesn't like some char sequences in there.​

Comment

Originally posted by alex_simmons View Post
                Log file is still empty.
                The debug window shows this assert:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ChaosPlayerAssert.png
Views:	72
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1168378
                For some reason I have to paste a snip. Your forum doesn't like some char sequences in there.​
                No sure what the reason is for not allowing text files, maybe some security check. Usually zipping the file helps.
                In any case - we'll have a look, thanks for the log. By the looks of it, it seems it confirms what we thought the problem is, but I'll wait for the devs to confirm.
                Thanks again.
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                www.chaos.com

Comment

Unapologetic "bump". Do we have any feedback or follow-up from the developers?

Comment

Ah yes, sorry for the late reply. I believe we know what the problem is now and we'll try and get it fixed soon. Will post here once we have something.
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

could you please repost the link to the special version of the Chaos Player? It seems that we have the same problem on Windows 10: Licenses are okay, but when we start Chaos Player, it just opens an empty window with no response title.

Quite annoying as we have to use the old PDA Player for now. So any help would be great.

Thanks,
                      Lars
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do we have a timeline yet? The team is managing expectations and determining schedules.

seq - That isn't the behavior we are experiencing, but worth a try. It isn't my place to redistribute Chaos Group's software. Let's pester the devs to relink.
                        Last edited by alex_simmons; 25-01-2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else is having the same issue - a fix for this will be available in the hotfix we're preparing and we already have stable builds with it, which are based on the same code branch as the upcoming release: https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/chaos_player/stable
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

Great news! Thanks for the update, Alex.

Comment

Working...
                            X