Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantage .......So how much is it going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So looks like we just need to ask questions about what Vantage can or can’t do to get a response from Chaos in a couple hours. Mention price or subscription changes and we are ghosted for 4 days… not obvious at all.
    Hey guys with the announcement that Vantage 2 is coming i was wondering if it will be coming to Sketchup too? It also caught my attention that it will support deforming geometry. This would be massive game changer for us as the only reason we are still sticking to Lumion at the moment are animated people and plants which our

Comment

The dev, QA and support teams can answer technical questions. Sales strategy is not up to us.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

npg It’s understandable that sales strategy is not up to you. Are you able to answer the following questions?

Is Vantage going to be 1 to 1 with Vray? How is the workflow for Vantage suppose to operate without Vray? If we can’t export vrscene files, we are just suppose to import FBX or OBJ into Vantage and then do all our texturing, lighting and animation in Vantage? Will Vantage have a material editor or are we just suppose to use built in Cosmos assets? What are the specific features of Vantage that make it a stand alone product that is no longer bundled with Vray? Can you live link to Vantage from Max without Vray?

Right now it appears like you would need Vray to properly prepare a file to fully take advantage of Vantage’s features. Seems like a DisadVantage.

Comment

If Vantage won´t have a basic material editor or its own lights like D5render for example, the sweet talk about it been a separate product is not correct..
          If it will require Vray for live link to work, or if it will lack its own ME and lights, its not even a complete product.

Comment

It'll probbaly get Cosmos, I am assuming.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
              The dev, QA and support teams can answer technical questions. Sales strategy is not up to us.
              Isn't that a text book bad answer? It isn't my department!
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You can't live link without V-Ray. There is no material editor yet in 2.0, but you will be able to create light sources. And yes, currently you have Cosmos for easy assignment of materials if you rule out a V-Ray link.
                Nikola Goranov
                Chaos Developer

Comment

It's a bit like an 'early access' video game in many ways. Except that it's a much, much bigger earner with continued large sub fees while it inches towards being a 'finished' product.
                  It's great as it is at the moment of course, though as I and many others have opined, it ain't worth that asking price by a long chalk
                  https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

To be honest, from what has just been mentioned above by developer. It sounds like a update.
                    I am sorry if that is harsh development team, but it is being advertised as a stand alone GPU Renderer.
                    How is it stand alone if vrey is required and another piece of Software for that to plug into to.

Standalone to me means. You can export from another 3D package the bare mesh, and light set up cameras and texture and place new entourage, in the standalone rendering package.
                    I may be eating my words on this in the coming weeks.

But When is the big Reveal exactly?
                    Is there a date set yet, just so i can start saving up so i can afford it like..............
                    Phil

Comment

Wow. I am glad the production pipeline at my company has not become reliant on Vantage. Props to the dev npg for taking the time to type a response and stepping in the fray, especially when the community (rightfully so) is upset and frustrated. I appreciate the honestly of his messages and that they weren't sugar coated or dismissive of the issue, just simple facts . I am a big proponent of vray at my company and I hope this feedback from the community reaches the people responsible for this mess and they listen to their customers.

Comment

I have a open Ticket with Chaos with only the automated response:

"Thank you for contacting us! We have received your message and will revert back to you as quickly as possible but please bear in mind we are experiencing some delays in responding, so apologies for the inconvenience!"

That was 5 Days ago. A response from the product sales team or anyone beyond the Dev team would be appreciated, each day trust is being lost that Chaos is looking out for their clients. In the last 15 years any questions or issues that been posted through forums or tickets have been resolved within 24 hr or at least a significant effort was made over that time. Chaos has grown from an indy team to what it is today and over that time, but customer service was always excellent. The lack of response on this forum and with the support tickets is disappointing and not setting a good precedent with the Vantage 2.0 roll out. Will this be the same type of support we will receive when the 2.0 goes live? I know the Dev team will be there to help as they always have been, but it's going to be hard on them if the product does not match the perceived value proposed by sales and marketing. There are going to be frustrated clients looking to resolve issues on a product that should be on par with Vray based on the price.

When RealFlow was on version 2.5 when I initially tried it. Picked up a license for $250 which was really cheap, but it had amazing results and was still working out a few things. After showing success and being used in a few movies the price jumped 10x. By then it had proven success so the cost was justified. Vantage 2.0 launch price doesn't compute, especially with there are free options that it will be competing with. Realflow was unique at the time and the only viable option for good water sims until Phoenix. Even Phoenix was priced reasonably compared to its competition.

Are we are just a bunch of old artists yelling at a cloud?
                        Last edited by bos; 20-06-2023, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Couldn't agree more with your statement. No response at all from the Chaos,,,,,,,Very disappointing, almost arrogant.

Be professional and pay respect to your customers please, and open a line of dialogue, they are the reason you have been successful in part after all.

Comment

Coincidence or not, I received an email yesterday with a survey about Chaos Group.
                            I took the opportunity to tell them what I thought.
                            Didn't you receive it?​
                            Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
                            Sketchup PRO 24.0.594 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                            3DS Max 2024.2.3 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                            3DS Max 2025.2 + V-Ray 7 BETA
                            Chaos Vantage 2.5.2
                            GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 561.09​​

Comment

Originally posted by DCHA34 View Post
                              Coincidence or not, I received an email yesterday with a survey about Chaos Group.
                              I took the opportunity to tell them what I thought.
                              Didn't you receive it?​
                              This one?

https://chaos.surveysparrow.com/s/ch...mfgXmvReXWrrnB
                              James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                              Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

bos AFAIK the sales support team has had issues after a transition to a new internal system and they have a backlog of hundreds of tickets for over a month now. This is probably why the automated response says that delays are expected. If you share your ticket ID I could try to bump its priority.
                                Nikola Goranov
                                Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X