Update 1.8.5 and LiveLink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

How did you solve it - by uninstalling Cosmos ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    I never used cosmos and apparently it had some problem, I just deleted the cpkg.db file in C:\Users\***\Documents\Chaos Cosmos\Packages

Comment

I downgraded to Vray version 6.10.04 and the same frame rendering issue was resolved, I used vantage 1.8.5​
      Did this really get resolved or maybe it happens randomly ?
      Are you still on 6.10.04 ?

I also had twice problems with crashes in the middle of rendering an animation.​
      Are these still happening ?
      Did you have such crashes before 1.8.5 ?

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by pablo_vinicius View Post
        I downgraded to Vray version 6.10.04 and the same frame rendering issue was resolved, I used vantage 1.8.5

Probably the problem is in vray version 6.10.06, which also seems to be slower to start the link and send the geometry to vantage.
        Vantage 1.8.5 is working, but I still have problems with crashes, example: sometimes when the livelink is started, Vantage crashes at the time of "Scene Ready"

I also had twice problems with crashes in the middle of rendering an animation.
        I encountered the same issue when using beta version 1.9.7

Not sure if it's the same reason,
        and sometimes it will crash when Vantage displays "Scene Ready"​.
        Last edited by q976431; 26-04-2023, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Did this really get resolved or maybe it happens randomly ?
          Are you still on 6.10.04 ?

Are these still happening ?
          Did you have such crashes before 1.8.5 ?

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Hi Vladimir.

I did more tests and the crash problem was completely solved after correcting Cosmos, but I still have the duplicate frame problem in vantage version 1.8.5

At first I thought it was a problem with the V-ray version, but I updated v-ray to version 6.10.06 and the problem only happens with vantage 1.8.5.

I made some sample screen recordings, you can see that in vantage 1.8.5 the frame advances and then rewinds.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

Comment

but I still have the duplicate frame problem in vantage version 1.8.5
            We are looking into it.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Can you try opening the following file in an editor (in administrator) mode:

C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Vantage\dcc_scripts\3dsMax\Vantage-LiveLink.ms

and delete the following line

vr.ipr_useRenderState = true

Then save the file.
              You will have to restart 3dsMax for the change to take effect.
              After that try again if the live link starts working as expected.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Hi Vlad, I had just now the chance to try that,
              The files seem to work a little better bat still have some kind of lag in the UI

Comment

Hi mirko_pignotti,

Could you share the scene to try and reproduce the issue on our end? You can submit it here with a link to this thread https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new​ and when we receive and examine it we will report back.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
                  Hi mirko_pignotti,

Could you share the scene to try and reproduce the issue on our end? You can submit it here with a link to this thread https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new​ and when we receive and examine it we will report back.

Best regards,
                  Alexander
                  Hi Alexander,
                  Apparently, the problem was in Vray:

I've updated it to 6.1.2,
                  then I noticed that the light cash was taking an infinite time to calculate
                  So I've just switched the engine to Arnold and then to VrayGpu again,
                  this should have reset the Vray setup, and the problem is solved!

I wish I'd answered earlier...
                  Anyway, I've saved a backup of the "corrupted scene" if you want to examine it.

Thank you!​

Comment

Working...
                  X