No announcement yet.

RT render failing after each frame in backburner with Max 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add to this to help anyone in future. It's some sort of bug in the 3ds max ribbon interface and the precursor is usually seeing ribbon interface items briefly appear over your desktop as a node is loading 3ds max.

Deleting the ENU folder fixes this, but it is the nuclear option. You end up losing your custom macros, shortcut keys, all installed scripts and custom toolbar buttons

Through a lot of trial and error I narrowed it down to this file being the culprit:

Workspace1__usersave__.ribbonconfig.xaml

Located in:

\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2020 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\UI\Workspaces\usersave

Deleting or just renaming the extension to something else fixed the issue for me as Max then reverts to the default ribbon config file.
    All custom user interface items remain intact also.

Really wish Autodesk would fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
      Through a lot of trial and error I narrowed it down to this file being the culprit:

Located in:

Deleting or just renaming the extension to something else fixed the issue for me as Max then reverts to the default ribbon config file.
      It's been a while since you posted this but just a quick thank you for posting it. Worked like a charm and saved me having to restore all of the scripts, settings, etc.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
        Just to add to this to help anyone in future. It's some sort of bug in the 3ds max ribbon interface and the precursor is usually seeing ribbon interface items briefly appear over your desktop as a node is loading 3ds max.

Deleting the ENU folder fixes this, but it is the nuclear option. You end up losing your custom macros, shortcut keys, all installed scripts and custom toolbar buttons

Located in:

Really wish Autodesk would fix this.

Yes this also was my issue. It clicked when I read your suggestion, but also noticed that when the issue began, an expanded ribbon menu appeared out of nowhere during BB sessions.
        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
        X