Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Next Update 2 hotfix 1 available for download (Next 2.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next Update 2 hotfix 1 available for download (Next 2.1)

V-Ray Next Update 2 hotfix 1 is now available for download from our website.

Full change log:

New features:
    (*) VRayEdgesTex: Add mapped multiplier to control the rounded corners' radius;

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: Add a warning when there are Render Elements with filtering off and Progressive Sampler;
    (*) V-Ray: Avoid saving the "Shademap export" helper channel to image files;
    (*) V-Ray: Render Raytrace material as black to avoid interfering with shading;
    (*) VRayOSL: Increase width of the string widgets;
    (*) VRaySamplerInfo: Add tangent and bitangent modes in object space;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Copy-paste support for render gradients and curves;
    (*) VFB: Revert the VFB zoom modificator to Shift+Ctrl+LMB/RMB;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Artifacts with VRayEnvironmentFog and Adaptive dome light;
    (*) V-Ray: Debug shading in Viewport IPR MaxScript error on 3ds Max2017;
    (*) V-Ray: Debug shading in Viewport IPR menus produce error after V-Ray is uninstalled;
    (*) V-Ray: EXR images are saved as "incomplete" (since 4.20.00);
    (*) V-Ray: Incorrect name of the green channel of Cryptomatte elements when using EXR DWA compression;
    (*) V-Ray: Memory tracking reports wrong month number on the timestamps;
    (*) V-Ray: Rendering a specific scene with disc lights produces incorrect results on the second render;
    (*) V-Ray: Spurious skipping of a subframe when rendering using PresenZ camera and DR;
    (*) V-Ray: Using "File" > "New" > "Keep objects and hierarchy" may cause a crash if the scene has VRayHDRI maps;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Attempting to stop rendering may freeze 3ds Max;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Changes to displacement maps are not updated (since 4.20.00);
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash if the scene is modified while V-Ray is preparing objects;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash when copying objects with Override material;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash when creating new objects while V-Ray is preparing geometry;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash when rendering with CoronaMtl;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Crash with 3D displacement with "Keep continuity" enabled if the scene is modified while V-Ray is preparing objects;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash with adaptive lights with more than 110 000 lights;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Creation of dome light from the V-Ray toolbar is not correctly detected;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Deleting a dome light is not reflected;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Inconsistent lighting when rotating dome light;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Incorrect direct illumination of VRayLightMtl;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Lights with animated multiplier don't update;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Moving an instance of a displaced object during rendering may cause a crash;
    (*) V-Ray IPR: Unhandled exception when exporting a .vrmesh file during rendering;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Closing the VFB while exporting nodes crashes 3ds Max;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash when rendering VRayInstancer with many particles and VRayVolumeGrid;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash when sliding the timeline during IPR and then stop rendering;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Crash with light cache when mesh acceleration types in MB segment's ends are different;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Every 10-th UV tile (e.g. 1010, 1020, 1030) is not rendered;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Incorrect light cache retrace amount in some cases;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Incorrectly strong bump effect with normal maps and VRayAlSurfaceMtl;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Rounded corners аrе not rendered with Bucket sampler in scenes with no direct lighting;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Vertical FOV with spherical panoramic camera is ignored unless a 360 degree horizontal FOV override is used;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: VRayALSurfaceMtl with rounded edges render wrong;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: VRayALSurfaceMtl's SSS is darker in the areas reflecting objects with VRayFastSSS2;
    (*) V-Ray Cloud: Color Correction texmap is rendered wrong with 32-bit images;
    (*) V-Ray Cloud: Difference in render with VRayEdgesTex in the VRayMtl displacement slot;
    (*) VRayHairMtl: Does not compose correctly when the "consistent lighting elements" option is enabled;
    (*) VRayOSL: Dropdown parameters reset when refocusing the node in the Slate Material Editor;
    (*) VRayOSL: Tooltips for shader parameters are displayed in the wrong places;
    (*) VRayPluginNode: MtlRoundEdges plugin is not working in "Convex only" and "Concave only";
    (*) VRayPluginNode: Renders different than V-Ray Standalone in bump slots;
    (*) VRayPluginNode: Scenes saved with blacklisted plugins should still open correctly;
    (*) VRayToonMtl: Don't bake gamma into the gradients of VRayToonMtl;
    (*) VRayToonMtl: Export to .vrscene;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Brighter results in VRayLighting render element with Consistent lighting elements turned on;
    (*) VRayVolumeGrid: Crash with caches over 2.1 billion voxels with Volume Light Cache;
    (*) VFB: Crash when loading a 3ds Max scene from the history;
    (*) VFB: Dock history option causes IPR restart;
    (*) VFB: The tooltip for the debug shading is wrong;
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

I just tested it, the noise in the reflection channel when using the matte shadow feature is still persistent.
    Will wait with upgrading until this is fixed, because it breaks the workflow for us...
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
      I just tested it, the noise in the reflection channel when using the matte shadow feature is still persistent. Will wait with upgrading until this is fixed, because it breaks the workflow for us...
      I got stuck on the various IPR problems, but I will be looking into your scene soon. There will be another update a bit further down the road to address yours and some other remaining issues.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
        (*) VRayEdgesTex: Add mapped multiplier to control the rounded corners' radius;
        You got me excited again
        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Great list! Especially for IPR
          Thanks for the hard work
          (I can't seem to find the issue with ies that I've posted earlier, but I will double check to see if it is solved)
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
          Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

i cant download it
            download is very slow

can someone upload it for me please

Comment

Originally posted by Arch.Hany View Post
              i cant download it
              download is very slow

can someone upload it for me please
              Someone already uploaded it for you... Chaos Group... Strange, but I imagine you have downloaded several previous versions, so my guess is, you either picked an insanely busy time to download this one or your connection is incredibly slow. Also I would imagine that anyone uploading it anywhere else, would be illegal, hence the reason for you only having access to such downloads, if you are s registered user and only from the downloads page, that only licenced users have access to.. So my suggestion would be that you, if it is slow, then just wait.. or maybe choose a less busy time.

Comment

Hi,
                Has the region render bug been fixed in this hotfix ?
                (When rendering a region over a previous render and using "Save to single file" only the region is saved to the file)

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
                  Has the region render bug been fixed in this hotfix? (When rendering a region over a previous render and using "Save to single file" only the region is saved to the file)
                  It is fixed in the sense that if you turn off the render region button and then save, it will save the entire image. Basically, the VFB will save whatever region is currently selected, or the entire image if the region is disabled. After the save, you can turn the region back on.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Cool ! Thank you Vlado.

mekene

Comment

thank you for the new update
                      Best regards,
                      Jackie Teh
                      --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2.1 [6.20.06 build 00000]
                      AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
                      Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
                      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        It is fixed in the sense that if you turn off the render region button and then save, it will save the entire image. Basically, the VFB will save whatever region is currently selected, or the entire image if the region is disabled. After the save, you can turn the region back on.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Thanks for fixing this!
                        Last edited by justini; 04-08-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                          Do I need to install anything else to run the VrayNext trial ? While installing it`s pointing the license server to our old network dongle location which I assume won`t work ?
                          We`re still on Vray3.7 with a network dongle license. Just wanted to check if I can install the trial of Next to test and then revert back to 3.7 without messing up our current license setup.
                          thanks
                          anthonyh
                          edit: Nevermind, found another thread with the info and got it working, sorry.
                          Last edited by anthonyh; 30-09-2019, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X