No announcement yet.

V-Ray Next Update 3 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a very quick note. After installing update 3, I did a test render, using a previous project. Everything went well AND a little faster too, only a couple of seconds but hey, any gain in speed is alwasys welcome.. Anyway, I noticed odd behaviour, when clicking on the stop button. Usually the VFB would just stop rendering and the Stop button would then be greyed out.. Now when I press stop, it closes the VFB and I have to open it again, from the Frame Buffer tab in the Settings dialog, not a disaster, but a bit annoying. Any ideas

Comment

Interesting. I've just tried this and it doesn't happen for me here. I tried with both "stop" buttons, the one in VFB and the one in the render progress window.
      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

I'm using Max 2014, yes I know an old version, but I'm so used to it and have it al set up just as I like it. Many have tried to get me to upgrade, but I'm trying very hard, not to.. I guess it could be my version of Max, but I don't see why.. One thing I have not tried yet, is restarting the computer. As I say I only just installed V-Ray and apart from this odd glitch, it's working well. I'l give a reboot a try and get back and let you know if it solved the problem or not.

EDIT... OK restarted the computer, Started up Max, loaded the exact same scene. Started IPR. waited for it to start rendering, then hit stop in the VFB and the VFB immediately closed..

I then opened up the VFB and hit Render in the Render Setup dialog box, waited for it to stat rendering and hit Cancel. The render stopped and the VFB remained open.

Rebooting had no effect, so definitely a bug, but what is causing it, V-Ray Next update 3 or Max 2014, that I don't know
        Last edited by andy51; 24-11-2019, 03:53 PM. Reason: Updated with result of rebooting and retesting, to see if problem was solved

Comment

Originally posted by andy51 View Post
          I'm using Max 2014, yes I know an old version, but I'm so used to it and have it al set up just as I like it. Many have tried to get me to upgrade, but I'm trying very hard, not to.. I guess it could be my version of Max, but I don't see why.. One thing I have not tried yet, is restarting the computer. As I say I only just installed V-Ray and apart from this odd glitch, it's working well. I'l give a reboot a try and get back and let you know if it solved the problem or not.

EDIT... OK restarted the computer, Started up Max, loaded the exact same scene. Started IPR. waited for it to start rendering, then hit stop in the VFB and the VFB immediately closed..

I then opened up the VFB and hit Render in the Render Setup dialog box, waited for it to stat rendering and hit Cancel. The render stopped and the VFB remained open.

Rebooting had no effect, so definitely a bug, but what is causing it, V-Ray Next update 3 or Max 2014, that I don't know
          It's a bug that affects old Max versions, it will be fixed.
          Last edited by matanov; 25-11-2019, 10:30 PM.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

The default render time is now 0.... awesome! That 1 minute always confused me why it was set to that.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

It's a bug that affects old Max version, it will be fixed.
              Not a huge problem, but must admit for a second I did panic, when it first happened. but now I know it's a bug, I can simply reopen the VFB, if it closes and as I say, it doesn't happen when you hit render, only if using IPR. Cheers for the response though. Keep up the great work

Comment

The exr multipart option is supported now for GPU!! THANKS!!!
                Found out by accident can't find it in the changelog.
                Also, like everyone I'm totally blown away by the power of the RTX implementation!
                Awesome release!
                German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Hi, thank you for the update, i am not using RTX, can I update to this version?
                  Best regards,
                  Jackie Teh
                  --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2.1 [6.20.06 build 00000]
                  AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
                  Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
                  YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

Originally posted by jackieteh View Post
                    Hi, thank you for the update, i am not using RTX, can I update to this version?
                    Yes of course. It adds a RTX support but there is a lot more (you can check the Change Log).
                    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

Thank you for the update!

One question about this feature:
                      (*) VFB: Add "Save in image" option to OCIO color corrections, to save the corrected image;

How can I have access to that tickbox in maxscript? There's nothing about it in the manual (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ogrammatically)
                      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X