Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New batch of Gnomon DVDs (inlcudes GI with Vray)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email them and find out.

I dont imagine Chris knows all the inner workings in Gnomon. (I couldnt.. and possibly will be.. wrong)

Comment

• Originally posted by nvanherpt
      Originally posted by nvanherpt
      do they ship to London?
      yes they do

Comment

• damn it... see i told ya i would be wrong..

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce
          damn it... see i told ya i would be wrong..
          No no... you were right... I just happen to know that Clifton got one and he is in london. So I was lucky.

Comment

• woohoo.... my rightness streak continues

Comment

• Just went through the whole interior DVD. Great information and well done like the exterior.

I would have preferred a more standard interior lighting study than the mental institution. While it's very cool, it's not what we make our bread and butter on. Also the images on the website for the interior DVD don't sell the product as well as the awesome exterior scene on the exterior DVD.

But overall, I still give it a 9 out of 10. A must-have.

Comment

• Originally posted by apexmotion
                Just went through the whole interior DVD. Great information and well done like the exterior.

I would have preferred a more standard interior lighting study than the mental institution. While it's very cool, it's not what we make our bread and butter on. Also the images on the website for the interior DVD don't sell the product as well as the awesome exterior scene on the exterior DVD.

But overall, I still give it a 9 out of 10. A must-have.
                Thank you very much. Keep in mind that while many architects buy my DVDs, my current profession is in visual effects. The mental institution is a more "standard" setting in the VFX world than an ultra clean architecture rendering. That may explain my choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpnichols
                  Thank you very much. Keep in mind that while many architects buy my DVDs, my current profession is in visual effects. The mental institution is a more "standard" setting in the VFX world than an ultra clean architecture rendering. That may explain my choice.
                  Well a counter point would be that it does make it a little difficult to see how clean the GI solutions are when you have gone and painted in your own dirt into the textures. I think that's ok to see for the end result, and is interesting to see how you do it, but it does slightly negate the emphasis of the dvd's which is lighting. But dirt or no dirt, it's still very informative and I am thoroughly enjoying them so far.
                  Tim Nelson
                  timnelson3d.com

Comment

Working...
                  X