• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da_elf
    Originally posted by jonnybefree
    Da_Elf: you allready have this tut?
    what tut?

Originally posted by mikeh
    Hmm...must be because i was sent an email with a link probably 6 or 8 months ago and didn't memorize that link...and that email is long gone.
    The support section here gives me no downloads section. I have emailed Chaos as a reply to their email to us that the download was available....no link in that email...and have not recieved a reply...maybe you have some other suggestion beyond what i have done already.
    mh
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/support/

see where it says to log in. thats where you get into your account. Shame you dont have the email since im not sure if your forum login and pass are the same as your download log in and pass. Heck i still have my original email and that was about hmmmm. 4 years or so ago i purchased.
    There is nothing there for me..the best i can get into is the vray demos and vray free. Quite possibly i am not the person registered for our VRay. I get everything second hand here through the IT dept. They purchased Vray at my request and forward everything to me. Guess i'll have to go back to them and let them handle this.

...and four year old emails are not possible in our company with our email server being cleaned out automatically at least once a month. You live in a different world. We have way too much correspondance and spam here to behave as you do. Sorry about that.
    mh

Comment

I have just the workaround for you:

Do you have notepad on your computer? Copy the user and password into a text file for archiving since you cannot keep your e-mails. Put the file on a floppy, CD, flash drive, whatever. You can even enctypt the information if you feel it is necessary.

Back to topic,

Thanks for the update! You guys are awesome
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

actually i just exported my email file to my desktop. anyhow. in your DL section you dont see something at the top marked "vray builds"?

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh
          sorry to be the only one here who doesn't have a clue where to go to download the upgrade but.....where is the link?
          mh

(again)
          If you have any problems downloading the builds, it would be best to give us a call or write to vray@chaosgroup.com (I'd call through, as the email may get some time to get answered).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
            actually i just exported my email file to my desktop. anyhow. in your DL section you dont see something at the top marked "vray builds"?
            When i go into vray builds, the choices i get are demos and vray free, no upgrades. I'm going to take Vlados advice and have IT call for it.
            mh

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi
              At the root VrayMtl level. Works great because sometimes I have a ColorCorrect node above my bitmap and it shows the color corrections on the model.
              its still greyed out for me @ root level. missed i any settings? vlado, any suggestions?

thx.
              max 9 + vray

Comment

Similar problem to Mike H. I go to the download section and it shows the latest build to download as being 1.50.R2 for 3dsmax release candidate 2, release date Aug 08,2006.

In your contact information I find the phone number but it says the local time is 14hrs+ where I am, which is not possible, as I am in Canada!

VLADO - Why are the e-mails taking so long to answer? What toll charges will I incur by phoning Bulgaria??? Will I be put on hold for an hour at couple bucks a minute?? I guess this is an option for someone living in Europe but not for me. Why is there no toll free number?

What should I do? I have sent an e-mail without response so far!
                BTW - I received an e-mail but there was no link or password or anything! Thanks.

Peter.

Comment

If you have an NFR or educational version, you can send me a private message and I'll let you know how to download the corresponding version of V-Ray. If you have the Advanced version, send me a private message or email to vlado@chaosgroup.com with your login details for the site so that I can check what may be wrong.

As to whether you will be put on hold for a long time if you call - typically you will not have to wait.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Thanks Vlado - will do!

Regards Peter.

Comment

In the way you would use any other MaxScript property. E.g. make V-Ray the current renderer, open the MaxScript listener (F11), type "renderers.current.system_numThreads=2" without the quotes and press Enter.
                      - unknown proprety: "current" is undefined

??
                      Alain Blanchette
                      www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Sounds like you missed the . or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                          Sounds like you missed the . or something?
                          Or old 3dsmax/VIZ version?

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Working...
                          X