No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.30.01 BETA! available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Max crashes complete to desktop with the "Autodesk Send Bug Report" windows... Where can I find the crash-file?
    www.vis-art.de
    www.facebook.com/visart3d

Comment

• Originally posted by lightpixel View Post
      No, Max crashes complete to desktop with the "Autodesk Send Bug Report" windows... Where can I find the crash-file?
      To vlado@chaosgroup.com; thanks!

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightpixel View Post
        No, Max crashes complete to desktop with the "Autodesk Send Bug Report" windows... Where can I find the crash-file?
        Usually the 3dsmax_minidump.dmp file is located in the users temp directory (for quick access you can type %temp% in the explorer address bar), but sometimes it can be deleted when 3DS Max CER (customer error report) dialog is closed. Then you may have to start a new render to reproduce the crash.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

• found and send!
          www.vis-art.de
          www.facebook.com/visart3d

Comment

• Hey

The mesh vrayclipper is a nice feature. However, it produces something that looks like coplanar artefacts in intersecting areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iqbahl View Post
              Hey

The mesh vrayclipper is a nice feature. However, it produces something that looks like coplanar artefacts in intersecting areas.
              Do you have any images to show them ? If you can post a test scene will be much better.

Comment

• When GI and Caustics are both enabled, all materials lose their specular component.
                I mentioned this back when Vray 3 beta happened. Still appears to be happening.
                Gavin Jeoffreys
                Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Raven View Post
                  When GI and Caustics are both enabled, all materials lose their specular component.
                  I mentioned this back when Vray 3 beta happened. Still appears to be happening.
                  Yes indeed, it is still an issue in this build. I think there is a ticket about that in our system.
                  Last edited by tashko.zashev; 30-11-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• My big scenes are also crashing, most of the time around 20 a 30 minutes of rendering.
                    On my workstation i got bluescreens, so i was thinking something was wrong with some components of my computer (i have to do some tests)
                    Now i send them through backburner, sometimes they render without problem but allot of times its crashing.

I also cannot open allot of old scenes(max 2014) since i'm working with 3ds max 2016. But this could be a problem with max itself or other plugins.
                    Max is crashing allot lately, corrupting files, and has never bin so unstable..I don't know where to begin with pinpointing the problem. And if its vray, 3ds max 2016, forestpack?..

So I'm kind of happy to read i'm not the only one having crashes with the new beta.

I have to say without the crashes i really like the beta, really fast previews of big scenes! Its so much faster with forestpack trees & grass.
                    Last edited by Jeroen Prins; 30-11-2015, 05:30 AM. Reason: bluescreens --> hardware

Comment

• V-Ray can never cause a blue screen by itself. If you are getting blue screens, this means you are either having some hardware issues (f.e. overheating, broken HDD etc), or some driver issues (if you are using GPU rendering).

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

• Yeah i know, i didn't want to address it to vray.
                        It was not gpu btw.
                        I really need to do some testing on the hardware first!

Comment

• I downloaded and installed 3.3 yesterday. I sent an image to render on 3.2 and it was 45 minutes to render. Same machine, same image and all I did was change the filter to Laczlos and the image is better, nicer and came out at a whooping 29 minutes. This was not a huge scene, but I'll be trying it out more, I have just now installed it in almost all my workstations and servers and there seems to be no problems so far. Old scenes render with older settings with no issues. Don't ask me to show the images, because I can't on this one, sorry...

Additionally, I had struggled over the last few days with an exterior scene, which was rendering in 2 hours DRing all of my 6 server machines. I installed 3.3 and run it on one my servers by itself. It rendered in 3 hours. Granted that it may not look as a huge improvement but 7 machines compared to one machine and it only took one more hour... Also, the quality is great and did not suffer one bit. So thanks Vlado and team. I'll be soon taking on new scenes and I can use 3.3 from scratch and let you know how it goes.
                          Last edited by padre.ayuso; 30-11-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by padre.ayuso View Post
                            Additionally, I had struggled over the last few days with an exterior scene, which was rendering in 2 hours DRing all of my 6 server machines. I installed 3.3 and run it on one my servers by itself. It rendered in 3 hours. Granted that it may not look as a huge improvement but 7 machines compared to one machine and it only took one more hour... Also, the quality is great and did not suffer one bit. So thanks Vlado and team. I'll be soon taking on new scenes and I can use 3.3 from scratch and let you know how it goes.
                            Very good to know that

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

• We posted an updated beta build. Announcement post is here:
                              http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...e-for-download

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X