V-Ray 3.30.01 BETA! available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
    These were taken 9 hrs; I couldn't figure out why so long, so I tried everything, but nothing was working. I converted the scene to a Corona scene and I got pretty good results in an hour. Below, were done using the V-Ray beta, which took exactly an hour using the V-Ray defaults. I am impressed!
    Cool results Bobby. Defaults, as in BF and LC also?
    In the 2nd shot I can see a lot of noise at the top in the darker areas, but that's just because I had to nicely look to find something. I had to stare at it for a while before it became obvious. That obviously doesnt take anything away from your skills, it's just an observation regarding the BETA. Wasn't the noise suppose to be more uniform across the image and not more noticable in some areas?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

MORE uniform, right.
      Not perfectly so.
      Part of the trick VRay is pulling is that being sensitive to variance, it mimicks what human perception in general, and the visual system in particular, does, resulting in a noise distribution which is PERCEPTUALLY more pleasant, and also numerically MORE even.
      That's why you had to look harder to spot it in the first place.
      With the old sampler those areas would have been darker and much noisier, in a similar timeframe.
      Lowering noise threshold, here, would do the trick, anyways, and still only sample the places that need it, until either the variance threshold is met, or the max number of AA rays have been cast.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
        Wasn't the noise suppose to be more uniform across the image and not more noticable in some areas?
        There's also a sharpening filter on the images, which generally tends to make noise more apparent.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have a scene with a LOT of overlapping and double faces (of same material). Other than raising the Secondary rays bias from 0.0 to 0.01, is there anything else "special" in this beta that can help in these situations?
          Anything on this?
          (sorry for the double post, but seems it was missed earlier)
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Should these work with the latest forest pack build or do we need to wait for the new FPP?
            Gavin Greenwalt
            im.thatoneguy[at]gmail.com || Gavin[at]SFStudios.com
            Straightface Studios

Comment

I had no problem rendering forest pack and railclone with the betaclient mentioned in this thread.
              Cheers,
              Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                There's also a sharpening filter on the images, which generally tends to make noise more apparent. Best regards, Vlado
                yes, after I applied the noise filter, in PS, I added a sharp filter. These were just tests; they were down and dirty. I purposely stopped both at exactly one hour. I enabled the GI and left it at BF+LC, with defaults. Also, I checked to let VRay worry about the subdivision.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                  Anything on this?
                  (sorry for the double post, but seems it was missed earlier)
                  No, I'm afraid. You still have to use the ray bias.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

I may have missed this but Vray Exposure Control is no longer available in the Environment panel? This was very useful for using RT and Perspective viewports.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlJimK View Post
                      I may have missed this but Vray Exposure Control is no longer available in the Environment panel? This was very useful for using RT and Perspective viewports.
                      ???

It's still there
                      Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Hi. This new SP it´s amazing. I like the new sampler and the new Sky model works really good.
                        My Spanish tutorial channel: https://www.youtube.com/adanmq
                        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/3dcollective/

Comment

Great Job Vlado really! I was wondering I haven't seen any mention of support for procedural textures for Bump map slot in Vray RT. I thought those were going to be included for this SP.

Comment

Great results so far with the default settings. The only thing I notice is that my foliage renders a lot slower. I tried to do an vray object properties override of the subdivs multiplier to a very low number and that didn't seem to speed things up any\at all. Is that ignored when local subdivs is unchecked? Any tips for optimizing for high AA areas like foliage\grass?

Fantastic beta overall!

Comment

Originally posted by danio View Post
                              I tried to do an vray object properties override of the subdivs multiplier to a very low number and that didn't seem to speed things up any\at all.
                              The subdivs multiplier in the object properties still works - double checked just now to be sure. What kind of object is the foliage? Proxies, ForestPro, something else? If possible I would like to take a look at the scene if you can send it to vlado@chaosgroup.com (just the problem parts).

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                The subdivs multiplier in the object properties still works - double checked just now to be sure. What kind of object is the foliage? Proxies, ForestPro, something else? If possible I would like to take a look at the scene if you can send it to vlado@chaosgroup.com (just the problem parts).

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                OK - I'll try to package up a scene from work tomorrow that I was having trouble with. I'm fairly sure I had dropped the subdivs multiplier on the trees and was still getting fairly slow results but I'll double check that. They were just proxies, no Forest Pro. In general the buckets would crank through the architecture and then land on the tree leaves and halt for a longer time than previously.

I also was testing one of Grant's tree scenes (Mastering_Vray_Sunny_Trees_GW.max) with a nightly from about a week ago and was getting similar results but I'd have to run that again with the beta to really have it weigh in. And there is a lot going on in that scene with DOF etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X