No announcement yet.

Denoiser testers wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will come out with the rest of the SP builds; you can get a build now if you email support@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok ive got the latest nightly, i see (and have added) the denoiser render element.. and now? im using RT gpu.. i hit render and i dont see the denoiser render element in the vfb... do i need to wait for the render to finish? any other steps? does the "use gpu" button work?

Comment

I'm still adding the support for V-Ray RT, it will be a few more days.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

ok.. damn.. ive got a load of renders to get out in -just not enough-time. denoiser would have shaved a few hours off my 15 hour times i guess.

Comment

Yeah, I'll try to be quick.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

ahh dont stress it. ill survive

Comment

interesting, I have send e-mail too.

Comment

Originally posted by khoross View Post
                  first test with vdenoiser
                  its mostly a direct lit scene BF/LC noise threshold 0.01 AA 42 with noise in refracted and shaded areas
                  attached original rendering / mild mode/ elements mode radius=3 threshold=0.002 noiselevel=0.3

it's a real timesaver with a noise threshold that high it cleaned up very well,
                  increasing the noise threshold just to clean up small shaded areas would have taken double the rendering time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29339[/ATTACH]
                  Your shots look really good, for some reason I cannot get my grass to stay looking nice like yours with the denoiser, it keeps washing it all together and loosing all the detail. I didn't see your setting in the denoiser either like "threshold" or "noiselevel". I tried setting the radius low but still a no go.

Comment

The "strength" parameter is way more important than the radius.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
                      ok ive got the latest nightly, i see (and have added) the denoiser render element.. and now? im using RT gpu.. i hit render and i dont see the denoiser render element in the vfb... do i need to wait for the render to finish? any other steps? does the "use gpu" button work?
                      V-Ray RT GPU should support the denoiser in the nightlies from today (May 19th).

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Donfarese View Post
                        Your shots look really good, for some reason I cannot get my grass to stay looking nice like yours with the denoiser, it keeps washing it all together and loosing all the detail. I didn't see your setting in the denoiser either like "threshold" or "noiselevel". I tried setting the radius low but still a no go.
                        Hi donfarese, as Vlado said " strenght parameter" i had it set to 0.3 as i recall.
                        settings mentioned in my earlier post worked well even with animation & there hardly any flickering, this was with the alpha version of the denoiser, can't wait to have my hands on the final version
                        www.kobo9.ch

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          V-Ray RT GPU should support the denoiser in the nightlies from today (May 19th).

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          as in, if i download it now it should work? might just save my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
                            as in, if i download it now it should work?
                            Yup.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

hmm there are two nightlies there, one 3.3005, but with a higher nightly number ( 26776) and the other, created later 3.3501 nightly number 26775.

which is the one i want?

Comment

I've testet it with Phoenix Smoke.
                                Apart fom the smoke my scene is just a big grey groundplane with mtl wrapper and a sun without physical sky, instead i put a nerly black vray color in the GI environment
                                and a white color in the Environment slot to render on a white background.
                                I think this is something that properbly isn't denoiseable.
                                Using the volumetric geometry mode "kind of" works but it takes longer than a render with vollumetric mode and Col.Thresh 0.008.
                                And if you are using the volumetric geometry mode, the denoising of the shadows on the ground inside the smoke dosn't work well.
                                I think this layes propably in the nature of the denoiser, regartless its using several Passes, it is still a 2D effect and propably will never handle volumetrics in a proper way.
                                But maby you can cut the volumetrics from beeing denoised so we can denoise the environment and the shadows the volumetrics throw.
                                I allways have to turn the col.thresh below that point where I'm happy with the noise in the volumetrics to get clean shadows out of it.
                                That could do the trick i think.
                                German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Working...
                                X