No announcement yet.

Chaos Group and VRay 1.5 at SIGGRAPH - booth #2101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well those and caustics, translucency and heavy reflection refraction but if you rendering a field full of trees without GI then scanline is a much better choice.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

I am wondering....

IF I buy Vray Advance now before the end of the month (to get 20% discount) will i have access to version 1.5 also also Vray Standalone at no extra cost? :P

just being greedy. Im starting to love Vray now (even just messing with the beta)...doing a VR of a bathroom and im rendering out the IR map first using incremental add for each face. My little test before worked good! I like being able to store that map and then render out the VR with various settings relatively quickly. I can see how this will save me heaps of time for real projects especially since I like being able to quickly adjust things similar to the old lightscape days.

The maya version sounds promising as well, although...A guy at work is always going on about how good mental ray is in Maya so i'm wondering how vray will improve on this other than speed....Give me some ammo so i can go back and tell him that mental ray sucks! :P

Comment

well. its posted over and over again cuz i know i kept telling lots of people who are waiting till 1.5 comes out to buy it that the wait is pointless. buy now and the 1.5 upgrade is free. that way even before 1.5 is out you will have been able to use vray and get to know it. as for vray.exe that hasnt started beta testing yet according to vlado

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

thanks man. Im a REAL vray noob and havnt seen that info anywhere. Thanks for saving my eyes from some reading time.

nothing to loose then...

Comment

and trust me...there is alot to read on this forum hehe. it takes me a while to read through everything every day. its hard work being the top poster in here hahahaha

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

percydaman
              are you using the latest test build with the opacity map slot?

yes im using 1.45. i have converted all of the max materials to vray materials and have made sure vrays opacity slot is being used.

and on the scanline renderer test, were you using raytrace shadows?
              shadow maps.

RErender
              try turning off generate GI for the leaves

I'll give that a go. thanks

TonyM
              Tony MacDonald
              Arterra Interactive

Comment

you also might try to uncheck filter maps.
                /B

Comment

i hope to be there on the 3 august 2005 is there any chance to meet this great team of chaos group maybe master vlado himself ??

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR WORK

Hope to see you there
                  (wich booth this year?)

Comment

Both Peter and I will be there, the booth number is 2201 - there will be more news on that a little later.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

dam this is an old thread!

ha ha
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Sorry not to be there,

i litle far away from Hamburg

tom

Comment

Have a good journey in LA !!
                          Gaël

Comment

:'-(

Toooo bad!!! I have been at LA 2 month ago for honeymoon. But LA is a bit far away from Germany to come over again!!!

Comment

why are people posting in this thread?

Comment

Because someone asked if they would be at siggraph2005 before the announcment was made.
                                Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Working...
                                X