Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 1.46.06 available

Bug fixes:

(*) The Affect alpha option of VRayMtl didn't work. Note that the Affect alpha parameter only works for clear (non-glossy) refractions.
    (*) Fog color with internal reflections was incorrect.
    (*) Precalc'd overlapping lookup for the irradiance map was too blurry.
    (*) Multipass camera effects didn't work (Multipass DOF).
    (*) Ortho views were cut through the origin.
    (*) True instance rendering returns in this build. Note that currently instance rendering is not supported for moving geometry with motion blur.
    (*) Lights had caustics off by default.
    (*) Light maps and matte objects with Shadows on caused a crash.
    (*) The default material did not produce correct lighting with VRayLights.
    (*) No GI on other mattes didn't work.
    (*) The Alpha contribution parameter didn't work properly for fractional values.
    (*) VRayLights produced an alpha channel even if invisible.
    (*) Skew modifier on cameras was slow with Adaptive subdivision image sampler with Normal threshold on.
    (*) VRay now prints out a warning if there is a camera modifier, but the Max-compatible ShadeContext option is on.
    (*) Objects that are not visible to the camera showed up in the alpha channel.
    (*) Meta-Reyes not rendering in animation.
    (*) Hidden faces showing up with Dynamic geometry.
    (*) The image was always stamped when the VRay VFB was saved/cloned.
    (*) Lightmap could freeze with transparent materials.
    (*) Lightmap could freeze with complex materials (like Blend).
    (*) VRayLights could produce noisier results than necessary.
    (*) VRay-specific materials and maps will not show up in the materials/maps browser if the renderer is not VRay in 3dsmax 6 and above, unless the Incompatible option in the browser is selected

Thanks to all who reported problems and bugs; if you find anything wrong with this build, send an email to vray@chaosgroup.com or post in the Bug reports section.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Wow, lot's of bugs fixed. Good work guys!

If you keep up the speed we may get a bugfree version before the end of this year - cool!
    I see you even changed your signature...
    Sascha Geddert
    www.geddart.de

Comment

very cool....thanks for fixing the alpha channel/cam visibility related issues...

paul.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Is nice to get those fixes so quickly.

Ismael

Comment

Re: VRay 1.46.06 available

(*) True instance rendering returns in this build. Note that currently instance rendering is not supported for moving geometry with motion blur.
          Thank you for adding this back... Will you eventually add the capability of having motion blurs with moving geometry in the final release?

Comment

I have downloaded the lastest version, and read several posts on the new updates, but can't find the answer to ....will DR work in Max 7? (or just 4,5,6- as in the documentation) a few people have asked but no one has responded- that i saw. Just curious I do not want to waste time trying to set it up, if it is not going to work. If anyone has it up on 7 and working fine please let me know.
            Thanks

Comment

Viscacha,

Yes DR for Max 7 is working. At least for us...

Corey
              Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
              Director

Chaos Group

Comment

works awsome. what do you mean waste time setting it up. all you need to do is have it installed. and enter the ip address of that other computer and have vrayspawner running on it. takes no time to setup

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

just right on time. Lotsa arigatos!
                  vertex wrangler

Comment

Thanks Corey & Da_Elf I am also glad to hear it is easy to set up.

Comment

There is a small update on the site, 1.46.07, which fixes a single bug: some splotches with VRayMtl and Affect shadows option on.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks vlado, I noticed that bug too, but i thought it was something I was doing. Do we always have to delete the previous version (1.46.06) or can we install the new one over top of the old one, and it will replace the files?

Thanks,
                        Travis

Comment

Thanks Vlado. I had an interior night scene that was getting wierd the spots from this bug. I thought I had just screwed up my scene. Thanks!

Comment

this is why people choose Vray over other renderers GRATE SUPPORT !!! Vlado you rulez!
                            Luke Szeflinski
                            :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

honest, i would prefer that i donĀ“t need this kind of support so often.

beside updating vray there is not much time to work on something.

can not imagine how things will be for companys who try to use 1.46.x for PRODUCTION.

i have tried to get 1.46 to work because DR was reported to work fine, only to see that we are the unlucky ones again.

loved to try lightmaps, only to to see after 2 days of wasted hours, that ugly bugs freezes our scenes.

i think instead of thanking chaos for releasing this beta stuff and fixing reported bugs, they should thank their unpayed betatesters from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X