No announcement yet.

VRay 1.46.06 available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@long john... i really think the picture from your avatar is right...you always sound like a little child who unhappy with his toy... very boring !

Comment

i think instead of thanking chaos for releasing this beta stuff and fixing reported bugs, they should thank their unpayed betatesters from time to time.
      they do:

Thanks to all who reported problems and bugs; if you find anything wrong with this build, send an email to vray@chaosgroup.com or post in the Bug reports section.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      you're never satisfied are you?
      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

i have tried to get 1.46 to work because DR was reported to work fine, only to see that we are the unlucky ones again.
        karma?
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Originally posted by metroberlin
          ...... very boring !
          i can say the same about you fanboys.
          all the folks who have nothing better to do then thank a company for fixing bugs in the software they sell. LOL

when i only had ONE stable version that delivers all i have payed for, under max 7, i will be quiet HONEST.

but it seems impossible for chaos to deliver a 1.09.03R like version with working DR.

as long as this is not the case there is imho need of a counterweight to the uncritical majority here.

Comment

LJ, I am getting really sick of your habit of turning every thread you can into an attack on Chaos because of certain features you want not being implemented yet. Have you heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?

And once again, you did not pay for 1.5 with DR on Max7. You paid for 1.0.x with DR on max5, which works. Chaos is generous enough to give you updates for free. And how many times does it have to be pointed out that a beta is a use-at-your-own-risk software? You can't complain about it not being production ready because its not for production!

Comment

You know John I wonder why it is that the software will not perform for you like it does for me and many other users.

I've been using MAX 7 and DR for several weeks without a problem and so have others here and I'm sure a lot more people that don't come to this site.

Why is that?

I have serious doubts that you have a clue how to use the software or setup your computers properly so they will run the software as it is.

In fact, when you post I don't believe a word you say. I believe you post your crap just to get a rise out of people.

Tony

Comment

Common people, let's not go there again...

Many people are satisfied, some are not, point
                You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

sick, mhm, that is a feeling i share when i try hours and hours only to see that it is not my failure but a software bug.

im here because i wait that the betadysee will come to an end and we finally get working DR with max 7.

we get working DR with max 5?
                  better say we got 70% working DR with max 5, plus a lot of bugs.

of course i know that the beta is NOT for production.
                  90% of all vray versions are not for production, only to play with.

so you tell me that we should see our investments in vray as wasted (because we don´t use max 5 anymore and can not use DR with max 6 and 7)?

maybe that point should be write in a disclaimer?
                  we can not promise that features of our product will work with the next 3d max version. you may have to wait 18 month for a rudimental fix.

get it, this is a tough business do you think most companys care if they have to pay for an update when it WORK as promised?

we have not asked chaos software for vray fur, vray plane, vray domelight. what we have asked for, since max 6 was released, is working DR, a BASIC feature of the version we payed for.

of course it is nice to have all the new features (when they will be production ready some day).

how long do we have to wait for v1.5?
                  nobody can say that, maybe we will have max 8 at release time and we are still unable to use DR. you say that is nonsense? well, a few told me im telling bullshit as i wrote that we will see HL2 before vray 1.5.

what about the user who bought vray in may/june because of the v1.5 announcement?

money for the software is not the problem, TIME is the problem.
                  im wasting my private time with the betas.

another point is the neverending nonsense and worshiping i have to read here from fanboys. this guys doing a job and making money, just like you and me. i don´t have to thank them for fixing bugs in their OWN product.

or betatester who told us in june that a release for v1.5 is only days or 2 weeks ahead.
                  when you read a date on this forum your can be sure it will be missed.

these are things which make me sick.

look at the maxwell thread in the off topic forum to see the hypocrisy of some people here.
                  this renderer is in early alpha and some can already say that it is a useless piece of crap. but don´t dare to criticise the vray development!!!

Comment

...... very boring !
                    i can say the same about you fanboys.
                    all the folks who have nothing better to do then thank a company for fixing bugs in the software they sell. LOL

when i only had ONE stable version that delivers all i have payed for, under max 7, i will be quiet HONEST.

but it seems impossible for chaos to deliver a 1.09.03R like version with working DR.

as long as this is not the case there is imho need of a counterweight to the uncritical majority here.
                    Wait a min... you are the one that is so amusing... you have more then 500 posts all of which are you complaining. If I was as pissed off at you, I would have moved on to something else LONG time ago. I find it so funny that you have so much time on your hands to sit here and complain all day long. I agree with metroberlin... you are seem very much like a spoiled child.

Can you provide us with some credentials so that we put all your complaining in perspective? How much experience do you have? What quality work can you produce? Do you have a credit list of films you have worked on? How old are you? I want to know what's inside that deep dark soul of Long John... We need something for us to say: "Hey you know, that Long John really knows his stuff."

BTW... I use the lightmap all the time and it worked really well. I look forward to finding bugs as I don't want to find them later. Updates are good so that we can test them again and make sure they are still fixed.

Comment

]You know John I wonder why it is that the software will not perform for you like it does for me and many other users.

I've been using MAX 7 and DR for several weeks without a problem and so have others here and I'm sure a lot more people that don't come to this site.

i must say you have a very selective perception.
                      in case you really have not noticed the many problems with DR, i can point you to the threads if you want!

Why is that?
                      i don´t know, im not coding vray.

Comment

[quote]
                        Wait a min... you are the one that is so amusing... you have more then 500 posts all of which are you complaining. If I was as pissed off at you, I would have moved on to something else LONG time ago. I find it so funny that you have so much time on your hands to sit here and complain all day long. I agree with metroberlin... you are seem very much like a spoiled child.

not that i think i have to talk to you when you try to get it down on a personal level. it´s a well known strategy.
                        i wait that some people start to make fun of my grammar again.

another point is, i have answerd these questions a few times.

im not a freelancer, i have to work with the same tools all people in our company work with.

im here as private person, because my boss does not share my point of view (not always). he is making a lot of money, we have to deal with the problems, that´s life.

thats no problem for me , without the ties to thr company i work for, i can voice my opinion without the fear to offend someone.

your lightmaps worked well, then i guess all the bug reports and problems are only fantasy and vlado fixed vapour bugs in 1.46.06 ... ok.

Comment

not that i think i have to talk to you when you try to get it down on a personal level. it´s a well known strategy.
                          i wait that some people start to make fun of my grammar again.

another point is, i have answerd these questions a few times.

im not a freelancer, i have to work with the same tools all people in our company work with.

im here as private person, because my boss does not share my point of view (not always). he is making a lot of money, we have to deal with the problems, that´s life.

thats no problem for me , without the ties to thr company i work for, i can voice my opinion without the fear to offend someone.

your lightmaps worked well, then i guess all the bug reports and problems are only fantasy and vlado fixed vapour bugs in 1.46.06 ... ok.
                          Wait a sec... it is not personal, I want to know your credentials... your professional ones. I didn't ask if you had a good relationship with your mother. Someone with as much complaining as you have MUSThave a very good knowledge of how things work.

Is there a way that you can outline those facts without giving away where you work? There must be...
                          Do you have any personal work that you can share with us?
                          How long have you been doing 3D?
                          What field of 3D do you do? Archviz, Film, commercial?
                          You have to give us something...

It is MUCH better to say with all of my X experience, I can say that Y sucks. Saying Y sucks means nothing without perspective.

I promise I will not make fun of you... I will not use it against you later.

Do you want me to start? I can give you my credentials if you would like...

Oh and BTW, there was a clear reason that lightmapping worked well of me, is that I was using Vraymats and was not subjected to the issues that were there.

Comment

Wait a sec... it is not personal, I want to know your credentials... your professional ones. I didn't ask if you had a good relationship with your mother. Someone with as much complaining as you have MUSThave a very good knowledge of how things work.

that is correct.
                            and that is why i find most bugs that causes problems myself, as you can see in the relevant postings.

problem is i can not solve them myself as im not a vray coder.

im not playing mine is bigger then yours with you.
                            because i don´t care what you think about me.

im not going to give you anything you can use against me or the company i work for. you are angry that i say what (i know) many other people think? sorry, your problem.

if you like to think im only able to create a sphere on a box, who cares?

thats all i have to say about this topic, as it has nothing to do with vray and it´s development.

Comment

To bad you won't give any info away Long John it would be very interesting to see what your boss felt of your attitude

He obviously has a much greater understanding of what it takes to be on the cutting edge of technology, you sadly do not.
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

Why you guys always pick on him? he is just reporting bugs and asking for a solution to his problems, but somehow some of you always turn his posts into something else, if you don't like what he says,don't reply, or just let chaos group guys to reply,it seems to me that they should answer his demands and not the 5 or 6 of you that always reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X