Bake a whole scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bake a whole scene?

Is it possible with the actual version (1.47.02) to bake many objects at once. It was possible with Bake3D, but now, you have to give a name for the G-buffer Channel, an every objects selected uses the same output

Ive been able to. I just ignore the output, since vray can only bake the entire material anyway. Im loving the baking but it still has a ways to go.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Percy, if you use the VRay VFB, you can split the output to different channels (GI, lighting, shadow etc).

Also, one can modify the Render-to-texture script to support the Vray VFB. Ideally, VRay can also copy the VRay channels into the 3dsmax Render elements, which is planned for sometime in the future.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
        Percy, if you use the VRay VFB, you can split the output to different channels (GI, lighting, shadow etc).

Also, one can modify the Render-to-texture script to support the Vray VFB. Ideally, VRay can also copy the VRay channels into the 3dsmax Render elements, which is planned for sometime in the future.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        cool, i was wondering today if that was possible. Was going to give it a go, but hadn't gotten to it yet.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi guys,

Also, one can modify the Render-to-texture script to support the Vray VFB.

Now I wish I could code to make this happen. Any scripters out there willing to do this?

rpc212
          rpc212
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Re: Bake a whole scene?

Originally posted by ren0
            Is it possible with the actual version (1.47.02) to bake many objects at once. It was possible with Bake3D, but now, you have to give a name for the G-buffer Channel, an every objects selected uses the same output
            +1, this is a must have for gaming developement.

Comment

Thanks Percy; simple as that!!
              But I needed lightmaps generation, not complete map. So I checked Override mtl, and created a white vray mtl for the whole scene. I can now generate my lightmaps. I just miss the color bleeding . Hope someone will help

Comment

Working...
              X