No announcement yet.

V-Ray standalone 64bits + MAYA + OS X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one can see from your posts you realy like those macs.
    http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

wow. this was a long dead thread brought back to life. hehe. well atleast macs are there for a good laugh.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

yeah... really like... to drop them off the empire state building

Comment

I dunno, I used to hate 'em -too slow, way to expensive, snotty Mac superiority complex, performance lies- but the new dual-core dual CPU ones are pretty reasonable and are closing the gap to the point that I don't think someone's automatically an idiot for getting one.

Comment

just leave us with our illusions hehe

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

yeah , dont burst my bubble...

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead again.

But thought i might just show Aneurisma something

Annoucing the "newly" released Dual Core G5's
                http://www.apple.com/au/powermac/

Gotta beat that dead horse
                HAHAHAHA!!!

Good one DaForce, I'm sorry it took me so long to answer, but my Safari has been loading this page for the last months....

What doesn't surprise me anymore is that these Quad 2.5 G5s are not any better than the Dual 2.7, as you may know.

Anyway, I still look forward to the day I won't have to use windows ever again in my life... maybe this will come with the next world war or something

Cheers

Comment

There is a lot of overhype with the Macs... but I would much rather use OSX over Windows if I had a choice. The simple customizeable front end, with the power of *NIX underneath... the ability to script all kinds of cool admin stuff without touching the GUI.... the security and lack of ad/spyware.... maybee some day if I can get OSX installed on a nice BoXX and have 3DStudio run natively...

Comment

The catch is that if everyone was using it that's where the spyware/adware would be targeted... :P
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                      The catch is that if everyone was using it that's where the spyware/adware would be targeted... :P
                      That is very true, and something Mac users need to realize so that they don't continue to think that they are immune. But by nature of the design and the heavy reliance on user permissions and different processes running as users that only have the appropriat permissions, *NIX is theoretically more secure than Windows. Sure there are exploits, but the nature of the architecture reduces the severity.

Comment

It also has a serious downside tho. The sheer massive knowledge needed to securily and reliably administer a linux system makes it a) error prone in implementation and b) user-error-prone...

And sitting in front of a shiny, splendid OSX makes a lot of ppl think everything is done by itself....but a badly configged linux is pretty easy to break. And another issue is that i´m not really convinced of OSX´s way of "tweaking" linux...it goes beyong presenting a different GUI (see Darwin etc). Taking a look at shake for example it´s kinda running in an emulator somewhat...wich makes it not really stable as it used to be before (one word : segmentation fault :P)

Just my two cents,

Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                          I don't want everyone to use it! Please, don't!!! Just want to have access to al the software I need within it!
                          Not ashamed of being selfish in this point...

Comment

Some more stuff, if anyone is interested:

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/images/osx/osx.png

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thats too cool!!!

Comment

Wow. Very very very cool.
                                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X