Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't someone create a webpage that had a summery of these results? Anyone have that link?

Comment

• You can find it here http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=14562

BTW: I ended up pulling the trigger on a new workstation w/ dual 270's on a Asus K8N-DL MB (upgrading from a P4 3ghz). I figured that was about the max I could spend anyway and I needed them for a new job I've got so I couldn't wait any longer. The slight extra cost of ~$250 seemed worth it to go up to the 270's from the 265's. To push it any higher (i.e. 275's) would have pushed it around another $400 and didn't seem worth it right now. Everything came in around $2100, purchased from various online shops. Thanks for everyones help in designing/building my new rig! Will post times when it arrives.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlparisi
        You can find it here http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=14562

BTW: I ended up pulling the trigger on a new workstation w/ dual 270's on a Asus K8N-DL MB (upgrading from a P4 3ghz). I figured that was about the max I could spend anyway and I needed them for a new job I've got so I couldn't wait any longer. The slight extra cost of ~$250 seemed worth it to go up to the 270's from the 265's. To push it any higher (i.e. 275's) would have pushed it around another $400 and didn't seem worth it right now. Everything came in around $2100, purchased from various online shops. Thanks for everyones help in designing/building my new rig! Will post times when it arrives.
        Perfect... friend of mine at my old company is running a benchmark on one of the new Macs with Bootcamp. Will let you know.

Comment

• HOT OFF THE PRESS

Running on a Mac PowerBook with Boot Camp

PS... this NOT MY COMPUTER, but a friend of mines.

Comment

• 5 minutes? whats the processor configuration and ram of this system? not to mention the cost

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Well it is a laptop from apple.... so my guess is, not cheap. Has 2 gigs of ram, and I think it is a 2.0ghz duo. Maybe $3k+? I would say that in terms of speed/weight, that is by far the fastest thing out there. I think those powerbooks are under 6 lbs.

Comment

• I don't know. you can get a fx60 based laptop for about the same price...
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

• Originally posted by RErender
                  I don't know. you can get a fx60 based laptop for about the same price...
                  Yeap... and double the weight and 1/6th the battery life. This was more about the running Vray on an Apple. Not a huge Apple fan myself but I am sure many people were curious.

Comment

• heh, ok

Future does look bright for the wintels with the duos and their desktop bretheren on the way.
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

• Just thought this was funny....
                      I have a 3000 duron + 1024 DDR (not my main machine) and it rendered the benchmark in under 13 minutes. Almost as fast as my P4 +1024 DDR (also not my main machine) . Funny.
                      http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

• Yes that time was correct (compression was applied after). Im in a quandry because I got excited by the asus board having greater O/C capabilities then the MSI, and guess what -- I swapped it over. Now im posting slower times, and cant get the chip over 1890. I was aiming for NEOVISUALS 3.03 seconds with 265's as my benchmark.

The previous setup was the old MSI board K8T MASTER2 - this is an AGP board (another reason I swapped it out). Ram is Corsair 266 (2gig). and two 265 procs.... Im going to keep playing with this new board, but feel scuppered by switching to be honest! Go's to show that sometimes 'if it aint broke dont fix it)

with the asus im currently getting 3.38.............
                        Immersive media - design and production
                        http://www.felixdodd.com/
                        https://www.linkedin.com/in/felixdodd/

Comment

• I know it´s not the right version but I thought I post anyway. I got the MSI K8T not much room for overclocking

Daniel Westlund

Comment

• what cpus?

Comment

• roppin to keep the benchmark fair please use 1.47.03
                              Chris Jackson
                              Shiftmedia
                              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• daforce: sorry, 265´s
                                jacksc02: sorry for too

/D
                                Daniel Westlund

Comment

Working...
                                X